Home Screens

Discussion in 'Q Home Screens and Wallpapers' started by gadget, Jun 28, 2006.

1. redrocket

redrocket New Member

gadget....very nice home screens..excellent job. :thumbup:
  2. BHFC

BHFC New Member

How do I put it on my Q???
  3. BHFC

BHFC New Member

These are GREAT. Is there any way to make the TIME, "HOME SERVICE", DATE a bigger Font.... And can I change "home service" to something else?
  4. BHFC

BHFC New Member

Can I change the Font to the date, Time and Home service to make them slightly bigger? Can I also change Home service to something else? Can I get it to show more than 1 appt on the home screen?...

These are great...
  5. SDMahan

SDMahan New Member

That home screen uses exact dimensions for each plugin that total up to make it fit on a single screen. You could increase the font size for the top row a little bit within the plugin's current height settings. To go bigger, you would have to slim down some of the other plugins. The places that can be shaven down a little are the Tab Bar and perhaps the Profile plugin.
  6. BHFC

BHFC New Member

I can only get the 3 top bars (Schedule, Tasks, Programs) with buying a program..??
  7. SDMahan

SDMahan New Member

Everything from the Tabs down require the Facade plugin described in the post.
  8. arocck

arocck New Member

Any chance we can get a Darts home screen. These are great!!!! Or can someone explain to me how to do one?
  9. arocck

arocck New Member

Took me some time but i finally figured it out! Now im addicted making many home screens for the Q :)
  10. macguy

macguy New Member

I'm slowly [very] getting the hang of altering homescreen xml files but am struggling with how to increase the MRU icon size. Does it have to go from 16pt to 32pt or can it be a value in between? What other value(s) needs to be changed in addition to the point size? Thanks
  11. mrteacherman

mrteacherman New Member

Love the themes, especially the work of Gadget. Looking for something kinda specific. Gadget's Mac themes are excellent, but I've seen someone elses somewhere that makes the recently used programs look like the Mac OS X dock. Is there any chance we can get a version of gadget's screen with a dock? Also, perhaps a World of Warcraft theme?
  12. tharmsen

tharmsen New Member

Dude, your work ROCKS. I'm using several of your home screens.

Since I have no idea how to do what you do... if you ever get around to making a Star Trek or Star Wars home screen, that would be awesome!
  13. tymewillcome

tymewillcome New Member

Dude Star Wars theme with custom star wars sounds!! THat would be what I cool cool as heck! Heres ideas: Death star imperial Theme, or perhaps a rebel alliance r2d2 noise and x-wing noises....dang im a nerd:geek:
  14. tharmsen

tharmsen New Member

Another idea would be to capitalize on the obvious (at least to me) association between the James Bond character and the Q phone.

Q was the characer who developed all the cool gadgets for Bond, he did the impossible with technology...

How about a modernistic Bond theme home screen with a play on Q?

I wish I knew how to do this stuff. ;)
  15. tymewillcome

tymewillcome New Member

I wouldnt mind an XBOX 360 phone set-up. Actually, E.T. would be a great idea!
  16. tharmsen

tharmsen New Member

It seems that Gadget does custom home screens for $25 a pop. I just asked him to make me my very own! I can't wait to see it, he does GREAT work. :p

I'll provide screen shots when I get it installed.
  17. tharmsen

tharmsen New Member

That was quick! I have my new home screen already.

Check it out. It's branded with my company logo in the right corner and has the features I requested.

[​IMG]

Gotta love that!
  18. tj!2k6

tj!2k6 New Member

very nice!
  19. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

Very cool.:w00t:
  20. crawfordcf

crawfordcf New Member

I just played with XML for the first time last night (I peeked at some of Gadget's code to get some ideas) and it worked out perfectly. I have a custom picture I took in Hawaii as my background, got rid of the ActiveSync line, made the date and time bigger, and got the 2nd page to work. I'm no programmer at all, but it wasn't that hard. Thanks to this thread for some ideas.