Home Screen

Discussion in 'Q Home Screens and Wallpapers' started by blueonblackstrat, Oct 2, 2007.

1. Home Screen

I've tried to go to the home screen tab to see if I can't find some other home screens to use... However, when I go there, it says that there is nothing there. Is there anywhere else I should look?

Also, I've heard things about the mol3 updates, what exactally are they and where are they found?
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

--moved to Homescreen Forum--

did you check the homescreen forum??
    and maybe even the Homescreen Collection Thread?
  3. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

home screen tab ? where ?.. the phone default comes with some screens (at least my Verizon did)

MOL3 is a firmware update, don't believe there is/was a 'whats new' file wiht it, 1 thing i know is does is improve the battery life.
  4. under the forum tab, there is a home screen option, and that takes me nowhere, I have tried several of the home screens on the phone, but I'm not "feeling" any of them other than the original... Some of them change the color of the letters... then I can't read it... even with my old man glasses.

I realize the mol3 update doesn't come with new screens... I have the extended battery, which so far seems to be working better... 2 days and running on full charge... Not to mention, it seems to be more comfortable to hold the phone

I see this has been moved, so I'll see what I come up with here...
  5. n99hockey

not sure how you cant find any screens since the homescreen forum is loaded with them
    and the ones you did find you arent 'feeling'
    i guess this means you need to create your own :wink:
  6. When I went to the tab where it says Forum.... and when I went to Home Screens... I got a this web page is not available.. However, since this has been moved... I'm here now.
  7. n99hockey

alright well check around im sure you can find something there are hundreds here
  8. Der Alta

Der Alta New Member

Old Man glasses? I certainly hope 53 isn't old.

Here's a simple way of getting what you're looking for. Grab a couple of images, and post them here. Add a selection of what you' dlike to see on the homescreen, and a choice of color.

I can easily whip a simple one together. More involved may take a few days.
  9. I found one, downloaded it to my puter... went to windows mobile..

Now, I've downloaded from the windows mobile site the 32 bit program... as my computer wouldn't accept the 64 bit program.

I only have four tabs available.
    programs services
    pictures music, video
    file management
    mobile device settings

After downloading the program, I went to the tutorial on how to download them to the phone, however, I don't have explore available on the screen. I'm not sure if I have this program downloaded properly.. or if there's something else I need to do...
  10. n99hockey

program?
    windows mobile site?

i have no idea what your talking about
    are you trying to install a homescreen?
  11. yeah... I would imagine to get it to the phone, I have to do it through the same process I used to download the crank ringtone..
  12. Der Alta

Der Alta New Member

BlueonBlack, where are you trying to download a homescreen from? Everythingq.com or a Microsoft site? And where are you seeing the 4 tabs? On your computer, the website, this website, your Q?
  13. n99hockey

all you have to do is copy the xml file and jpeg file to the \application data\home folder on the device
    no programs to install...
    if you found one in a cab file then you need to move the entire cab file to the Q and then go to file manager and click the file to install it
  14. It's on the home screen thread here... started by rueboy... #49 to be specific... Now I didn't have my phone hooked up at this point, I just put it into my document folder on the puter... perhaps I'll try again to see if I can get it going with the phone plugged in.
  15. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

it's rudeboy... and yes, those files go on the Q, in the \Application Data\Home folder.
  16. well, I've found a way to get it to the phone, put it in the home folder in the application folder, when I open it, it shows me the program and nothing else...
  17. n99hockey

the program?
    what program are you talking about

have you read the FAQ section on how to install a homescreen?
  18. Yes I've read the tutorial put on here on how to put do it... That's how I figured out to put it into the applications/home file. So it made it there... but when I open it, it shows the program... as it is written...
  19. n99hockey

you have to go to
    start
    settings
    homescreen and then pick the screen you just copied
  20. If it were as easy as that, I would have had it an hour ago