Home Screen Request

Discussion in 'Q Home Screens and Wallpapers' started by primetimw6, Jul 24, 2008.

1. primetimw6

primetimw6 New Member

No I had something called meter bars I think.....

Here is exactly what I am doing:
    I have the file (zipped) on my desk top of my PC
    I hook my Q up to my PC thru Active Sync
    I go to Explore>Mobile Device>My Documents
    I click on that file and drag it to the my documents file on the Q
    It transfers.
    I then go to the Phone, into File Manager>My Docs> and I see the smart monitor plugin but when I click on it then I get that error message
  2. primetimw6

primetimw6 New Member

In the My Docs folder it looks like this: plugin_SmartMonitor 0.9.5.1.zip
  3. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

start fresh. lets unzip it on your PC, when the unzipped file comes up, from the pc, go and select all the files in the folder, copy and paste them in your phones application/home folder. or find the download link on your phone and download it from your phone/ install it. move the items inside the monitor file, not the folder itself, to the application/home folder.
    or...do you have a file something like "monitor" in your application/home folder? if so move what's in that folder to the application/home folder. if this doesn't work, I will be retiring and collecting my pension.
  4. docmac129

docmac129 New Member

Also, once u install the cab file on your phone, u can go delete the actual cab file, freeing up some room.
  5. docmac129

docmac129 New Member

If u are referring to the plugin_smartmonitor file found in Rudeboys app page, DO NOT unzip that file. Just save it to your pc, then drag it onto your Q into My documents. Then click on that file using the center button of the dpad. That file is a cab file. U DO NOT unzip cab files. U just put them on the Q & run. :angry:
  6. primetimw6

primetimw6 New Member

I am going to quit wasting your guys time becuase I cannot seem to get this to work. I used my phone to go to this site and download it there/ I found the link on page 4 of this thread, clicked on it, it asked if I want to download the file to my docs, I said yes, then it goes to a DocumentsToGo page with nothing on it, Extract is greyed out at the bottom left soft key and Menu is the right key
  7. primetimw6

primetimw6 New Member

OMG I wish I had 1/2 the knowledge you guys have.....you have no idea how FRUSTRATING this is to feel this stupid
  8. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

it worked. the folder should be in your ducuments. should be something like montor.
  9. primetimw6

primetimw6 New Member

It is there, but again I am getting that error message of not enough space
  10. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

go to aplications/home and tell me what folders are in there, just the folders.
  11. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

give it time... we did not get this knowledge overnight (at least i did not :} and no need to feel stupid man..
  12. primetimw6

primetimw6 New Member

No folders, just these files:
    Bosox.zip
    BosoxMCS.zip
    fizzweather.full.home.xml
    FizzWeatherHome.dll
    full.home.xml
    green.scheme.xml
    greenLS.jgp
    guava.scheme.xml
    gauveLS.jpg
    GYPBostonRedSox_wMRU.home
    GYPBostonRedSox_wMRU.jpg
    home1.hif
    largefont.home.xml
    nomru.home.xml
    simple.home.xml
  13. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

now what folders are in your documents
  14. primetimw6

primetimw6 New Member

Folders:
    My Pictures
    My Ringtones
    Templates

Files:
    Bosox.home.xml
    plugin_SmartMonitor 0[1].9.5
  15. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

didn't extract. click on the file you downloaded on your phone, click on extract all. if it greyed out still, you have a different pronlem.
  16. primetimw6

primetimw6 New Member

Yeah the extract left soft key is greyed out.....it is there
  17. primetimw6

primetimw6 New Member

What if I extract them on the same file that is on my PC and then transfer all of the files, there are like 17 of them, the 2nd one down says setup.xml
  18. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

thought you did that. extact the files on your pc and just move all the files to phones application/home file.
  19. primetimw6

primetimw6 New Member

All the files?? Should I do that first, then move the home screen over?
  20. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

doesn't matter,