Home Screen help

Discussion in 'Q Home Screens and Wallpapers' started by primetimw6, May 2, 2007.

1. primetimw6

primetimw6 New Member

Home Screen help

Ok so I am getting tired of not being able to have the home screen I want. I purchased Facade and FizzWeather last week. Before that I had a Red Sox homescreen that did not require Facade and I really liked it, It had a seperate screen for missed calls and I loved that.

Can someone tell me if this is possible and if so maybe help me thru it. I want that Red Sox home screen with FizzWeather on the bottom and my email counts as well.......
  2. Csquared

Csquared New Member

Pick a home screen you like and then go into the xml and change the .jpg file to your red sox .jpg
  3. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

i am trying to understand what made you decide to buy Facade ? for what you want -if i am reading it correctly- you don't need Facade..
  4. primetimw6

primetimw6 New Member

For Fizz Weather
  5. primetimw6

primetimw6 New Member

Sounds easy, but I do not belong on the board as I am not even a 10th as smart as you all, I have no idea who to do that
  6. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

i dont believe you need facade for fizz weather
  7. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

i was thinking the same thing, the 2 function with but also without each other...
  8. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

yea i think i saw a screen with just fizz weather at kooldezine.com/q.htm

anywho....you should download a screen from that website with fizz weather on it and load it on your Q...then find a image you want of the redsox...then load the homescreen you just installed and then find the red sox picture in your file manager, open it and hit use as homescreen background....
  9. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

we understand, and we will try and help where needed... see if this helps, in the EQ new user guide there is a paragraph how to load a new home screen.
  10. primetimw6

primetimw6 New Member

Ok so Iread thru that I am even more confused, I need help
  11. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

what is is that you don't get/understand ?
  12. primetimw6

primetimw6 New Member

How to change a jpg file or extension ..... I guess I just do not get it. If I could just get the screen back to the Red Sox one I will have wasteed $ on facade and Fizz but oh well, I just want my phone back
  13. primetimw6

primetimw6 New Member

14. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

to use any of the home screens on your Q you goto Start > Home Screen and then you select the home screen you want, for most downloaded home screens you have to set both the Color scheme and Background image to default.

this hopefully helps you in getting things back to how you want them..
  15. primetimw6

primetimw6 New Member

Even when I do that it does not load the red sox screen correctly, it might have to do with facade I think

I really hate being this stupid
  16. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

hmz, the (as far as i can see) Red Sox home screen is not using Facade so i wonder why it would have any effect at all on it. are you able to load other home screens (default ones) without issues ?

no you are not stupid.. stupid would be not asking questions.
  17. Csquared

Csquared New Member

I could be wrong on this but I think when I loaded Facade the first time it took my current Home screen and added Facade to it and renamed it. Is it possible you have 2 Red Sox home screens, one with Facade and another without.
  18. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

good point Csquared... i forgot Facade did that.
  19. primetimw6

primetimw6 New Member

Ok so I went into Home Screen and changed it to the windows Default....on my home screen it is the windows default but it is not all on one screen, I have to scroll down to see say, my email count. So then I go into the facade settings, when I select Windows Default in there it says "This home screen does not currently include Facade. Would you like Facade added to the layout?" All I can say is Yes or no, if I say no it just stays on that screen.
  20. primetimw6

primetimw6 New Member

I think that might be true....but that still does not solve my issue of added Fizz to the red sox one. I might just go in and delete the face and red sox ones then try again, but I still need help to get Fizz weather