Home Screen Help

Discussion in 'Q Home Screens and Wallpapers' started by sbagdan, Jul 13, 2006.

1. sbagdan

sbagdan New Member

Home Screen Help

OK Everyone,

Here is a question or a cry for help, not sure which! :)

I am a consultant, and have lots of computer knowledge, but when you get into XML and stuff, I am clueless!

I am looking for a homescreen that has the recent used stuff like the VZW default, has the Fizz weather screen, Email, Text, VM, etc..., Time, Profile, maybe next 1,2, or 3 appointments, and maybe a place to put some hot buttons for frequently used software.

As I said, I am no programmer, and if someone can stear me in the right direction, or maybe just throw something together, I would be very appreciative.

Thanks to all!!!
  2. SDMahan

SDMahan New Member

Take a look at this homescreen:
    http://www.everythingq.com/forum/q-home-screens-wallpapers/home-screens-261.html#post1324
    It is #3 of 4 single-page home screens that I posted on the thread.

To meet all of your requirements (besides multiple appointments), I could make the Next Appointment plugin use only 1 line and then have room to add 2 shortcuts like the VZW Full Screen. If you didn't need the bluetooth plugin, I could easily get you 4 shortcuts (2 per line).
  3. sbagdan

sbagdan New Member

I tried that one, but it is not reading the Fixx Weather.... I have Fizz Travler Actually (just $5 more and has lots more function). And it is loaded on memory Card. not sure if that means anything.

Thanks!
  4. SDMahan

SDMahan New Member

Here are the changes to utilize Fizz Traveller instead Fizz Weather:

Change:
    <!-- Fizz Weather -->
    <plugin clsid="{30DF3430-2005-0509-BAA6-00AA003E0EED}" name="WeatherPlugin" height="54">
    <general sepline="true"/>
    </plugin>
    <!-- Fizz Weather End-->

To:
    <!-- Fizz Traveller -->
    <plugin clsid="{30DF3430-1998-0509-BAA6-00AA003E0EED}" name="TravellerPlugin" height="54">
    <general sepline="true" hilighttoday="true"/>
    </plugin>
    <!-- Fizz Traveller End-->

I'm not sure if the height of "54" works for Fizz Traveller. Let me know how it looks.
  5. sbagdan

sbagdan New Member

How and where do I change. As I said, I know ZERO about programing...

Sorry and Thanks!
  6. sbagdan

sbagdan New Member

Wow, I just opened the XML in Notepad, replaced the section you sent me, and POOF! It works!!

Thank you SOOOO MUCH!!!!

Wow, that was really easy.

Thanks Again!
  7. bL1X

bL1X New Member

Transparency Issue

What do I need to add in my .xml to adjust the amount of transparency when an item is selected (make it a little darker)?

Example:
    <format state="selected" bgcolor="transparent"/>

Unfortunately, I'm new to .xml. The screens I've created so far just change the color when selected.
  8. bL1X

bL1X New Member

I have seen a variation of this with a .jpg overlay with a piece of the background thats been edited to a darker shade. This seems a bit too complicated.
  9. rmarceau

rmarceau New Member

I tried this and the weather from Fizz Trav. now shows up. The problem is that the weather line is not in the same orientation as it is in Fizz weather. This causes the rest of the items below the weather line to slide up and overlap a little.

Any suggestions on how to fix? I don't know much about xml, but it soesn't look too challenging.

thanks
  10. troutseth

troutseth Guest

I am not sure what is happening, but make sure in Fizz you have the Homescreen set to five day view and it should fit nicely. I tried the seven day view the first time I used it and it didn't format well. Of course, I am going off memory I stopped using Fizz as it would hang trying to update a few times a week. I set a link to weather underground on my homepage.