Hockey

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by oneeyed_q, Apr 2, 2008.

1. oneeyed_q

oneeyed_q New Member

I could resize but thats too much of a pain to resize 400+ photos. Some of these turned out blurry due to the lighting.

2. open up a free flickr account.
  3. oneeyed_q

oneeyed_q New Member

Flikr is only 100MB per month for free, I'd burn through that so quick then forget to upload more the next month.
  4. I can get you 5.00 the first year of an ulimited smugmug account which is like 40.00 a year. I have there pro account which is 160.00 a year.
  5. oneeyed_q

oneeyed_q New Member

Its cool I just got rid of the baseball pics I had up. :) I have 2 accounts right now, I'm hoping this one bumps up to the 4k that my other one is at. I have several thousand pictures from Alaska up on the other one and i have more to put up.
  6. oneeyed_q

oneeyed_q New Member

So the last of the pictures are going up as I type, should be up in about an hour. Enjoy Hockey fans :) Oh and if there is any confusion the person at the beginning is Craig Laughlin former Montreal Canadian, Cap and King during the late 70's and 80's. He started doing color anlasys for the Caps in 90.
  7. oneeyed_q

oneeyed_q New Member

8. until we get Huet or Khabiboulin sp?

9. oneeyed_q

oneeyed_q New Member

We tried the Huet thing...go for Khabby...though we'll trade you Theodore for your injured Marty.
  10. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

We have two third stringers starting and a goalie locked up for 15 years who has two bad knees and two bad hips. Somehow I don't feel bad for the Devs.
  11. Problem I have is marty has the quickest glove in the league, plus he doesn't use newer shoulder/ chest protection, so his elbows are exposed.
    He has over the years been using Brian Rolston's elbow pads. He said for more mobility, but now it may have cost him.
  12. oneeyed_q

oneeyed_q New Member

I do wish him the best in recovery as I think he's the best goalie in the league, however I have no sympathy for people who use the wrong protective gear. If you take a puck to your face no sympathy here they make visors for a reason. I get tired of people costing thier team because they want comfort or freedom. If he is using the wrong gear then shame on him because now your team is going to suffer.

/rant before I keep going...
  13. oneeyed_q

oneeyed_q New Member

No offense but thats because your owner/Gm are morons...I can see locking a sakter up for that time but a Goalie? Cmon how many times do you get a Hasek or Roy or Brodeur who can play numerous seaons at a high level.
  14. yeah, that was a dumb move, especially on a goalie.
    Broduer's gear is correct, its just a freak injury.
    The worst injury in all of sports.

youtube clint malarchuck (not good to watch)
  15. oneeyed_q

oneeyed_q New Member

Yeah I watched the clint thing last season when the Zednik incident happend, neither are pretty.

I must have mis understood your post, I thought you said he was wearing different pads for movement freedom.
  16. what happens is goalie chest protectors have built in elbow pads into the arms. they are stiff and not flexible. his chest protector is about 14 yrs old and the pair of elbow pads he uses flex easier. neither are used for stopping pucks as its the backside of the pads.
  17. oneeyed_q

oneeyed_q New Member

Gotcha, wouldnt you think to get 2 sets of pads worn in? Its easy enough to break in a new set during pracitces isnt it? I can usnderstand not using it right away for games.
  18. leg pads and glove and blocker yeah, but the chest protector doesn't need it as it isn't leather.
  19. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

anyone hear this!?

Joe Sakic (Avs)...whos been out because of a back injury..totally messed up his hand clearing snow from his snow blower...adding 3 months to being on ir!

back injury...snow blowing..and then putting hand in blades? not smart on any level.... =) go avs!
  20. oneeyed_q

oneeyed_q New Member

Yeah I heard that Tree Frog, we were wondering why someone who obviously has money is clearing his own driveway to begin with. Hire the kid down the street to do it.

On a tangent from that topic, I went to the Caps game Friday with 2 friends who just got back from Iraq. Got them put up on the big screen during a comercial break :laugh2: they had no idea what was happening. Best night ever!