Hobbies

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by TarHeelsRule!, Jan 13, 2008.

1. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

Hobbies

Since we seem to share everything else....I was wondering what we are passionate about (other than everythingQ, of course)

My hobby (passion) is crocheting! I have just finished an afghan for the new grandbaby and I have a long list of other ones to make. I spend an ungodly about of money on yarn and pattern books. But it gives me something to do while I am watching football. Can't really crochet during basketball season....the games moves so much faster than football and aren't as many replays. I tried knitting but that is wayyy beyond my patience level!
  2. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

spending time with my daughter and playing with the wife :) I also like to sleep on occasion or fire up the PS2
  3. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

By the time I set the Q down..the day's over! Mine are TexasHoldem, volleyball and I spend alot of my weekends in trees!
  4. regression

regression New Member

Mine are ham radio / radio scanning and Takewondo....
  5. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

For me, it's the gym. I try and go about 20 minutes or more a day. Helps relive any stress and nice to have some 'me' time. I think it's the only time I'm not checking email.:laugh2: That and I enjoy a good Cowboys or Islanders game. I'd say video games, but I find that my video game systems gather dust more than anything. I'm a Mac geek at heart and spend a ton of time on the computer.
  6. DrQ

DrQ New Member

Dancing (Ballroom and Latin primarily but any movement to the music is wonderful), Travel (I get to go for free by working on cruise ships), Photography, Golf, Scuba Diving, Snorkeling, Skiing and adding on to or remodeling my house when home. And of course playing with my Q and computers.

Been retired for a while and don't know how I found the time to work.
  7. Der Alta

Der Alta New Member

Parrots. Tween the missus and I we have 17 birds in the house.

Greenwing Macaw, Scarlet Macaw, Two Yellow Nape Amazon's, Two Umbrella Cockatoos, three Cockatiels, a Hahn's Macaw, A Nanday Conure, a Lovebird, Two Budgies, Two Java Finches, and a Wren.

Plus two Himalayan Cats, and Her Salt Water Tank.

I also am an Administrator at GTPlanet.

And I am a workaholic.
  8. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

interesting to read... good job THR!

oh.. my other "hobbies", my son Max, my bike (BMW r1200c), music (listening only), everything pc's/macs.. and everything i forgot :}
  9. firecracker37

firecracker37 New Member

Seems like we have some pretty diverse folks at EQ.

I am really just a geek lol. If I am not working on a software project or a website, I'm probably wasting time away on World of Warcraft or one of the other PC games I enjoy.

We also have three young kids, who keep us pretty busy (I'm acually holding the little screamng baby right now).
  10. piranah

piranah New Member

school, is that a hobby?...um, watching tv, playing pool, working, got a ton...devils brocolli used to be there, um working out, computers....eq...
  11. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

DrQ, I admire your love for dancing. I have absolutely no rhythm so any movement to music isn't always wonderful according to my co-workers! When we go out they beg me not to dance.
  12. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

Der, had a cockatiel once and two finches who reproduced. And I had a cat named Mouse. Mouse gave a whole new meaning to the word "scaredy-cat". My friends declared I didn't have one because as soon as the doorbell would ring she would run and hide.

It's neat to read what we do when not trolling EQ.
  13. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

my hobbies would have to be

playing golf & hockey
    playing PS3 and the Wii
    creating 3D computer models (kinda dorky :tounge:)
    travel and photography...been to 9 different countries

and of course the Q :laugh2:
  14. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

@n99hockey

Do your golf courses where you are at have the alligators all over the course? My company has a golf day--they take off and get paid to go play golf every Wednesday and they come back with some horror (to me) stories of the alligators just sitting there not even acknowledging them or moving when the honk the horns on the golf carts. I can't imagine being able to golf while worrying if the alligators are going to decide that I look tasty enough to eat!
  15. n99hockey

cant say that i have seen an alligator here in new jersey :laugh2:
    although i have played in florida where i have seen an alligator...i tend to stay away:tounge:

must be pretty nice to have a 'golf day' do they need an architect?????

my boss takes me to play in some golf outtings for corporate events since im the only other person in the office who plays (we have a small office) so i get to play really expensive courses that ill never ever be able to otherwise!
  16. Photography is a big one for me. (Spend mad amounts of cash on stuff)
    Used to be a hockey goalie and mountain bike a lot.
    Spending time with my kids and studying for my architecture license exams.
  17. n99hockey

i was a goalie when i was younger...moved up to winger

my friend is about to take the first part of this exam in 2 weeks....
    i on the other hand will not be taking the exam...moving towards a more computer graphic oriented architecture

i wish you tons of luck on the exam though!!
  18. Thanks. Three down, six more to go.
  19. craiggiarc

craiggiarc Active Member

Thought I'd add my hobbies for what they're worth!

1. Learning about American culture (Mainly through the watching of American sports!) Been here for 18 months now and it already feels like home.
    2. My Xbox 360 & Wii
    3. Soccer, don't like using that word but have to use it to avoid confusion.
    4. Politics. I know! I don't know why but I've just really enjoyed it from an early age. Enjoying the spectacle that it the America Presidential Race at the moment....it's crazier than a bag full of ferrets down your pants.

Craig
  20. DrQ

DrQ New Member

Doesn't matter, just enjoy yourself and dance like nobodies watching.