Help with splashid

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nancy14, Aug 22, 2006.

1. Nancy14

Nancy14 New Member

Help with splashid

I downloaded the splashid for the Q but now I'm having trouble importing my files from my desktop to the Q, can anyone help, thanks.
  2. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

Hi Nancy-
    That's a great program - I did a review of it for the Treo.

Here's what I found at SplashData regarding your issue...

My SplashID for Windows Mobile Smartphone isn't syncing.
    There are three primary reasons why SplashID won't sync:
    1. Password's don't match -- The password set in SplashID on the handheld must exactly match the password set on SplashID Desktop. The password is case sensitive. If the passwords don't match, the data will not be synchronized. Click here for information on changing the password.
    2. Wrong User name -- The handheld User name may not match the SplashID Desktop User. You can find out your current Windows Mobile for Smartphone username by connecting your device and observing the username in the ActiveSync window, just below the Sync button. Then check the User name popup menu that appears on the top left of SplashID Desktop. Make sure the User name that appears there matches the User name on your handheld.
      If you have the wrong username selected in SplashID Desktop and have entered a lot of records on the desktop, you can select all the records in the wrong User, copy them to your clipboard, select the right User and paste the records.
    3. SplashID sync provider isn't enabled. Make sure that the SplashID ActiveSync provider (a little SplashID lock icon) is visible and checked in the ActiveSync window. If you can't activate it, see this FAQ.