Help with IMSMS ????

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by mexiken, Jan 23, 2008.

1. mexiken

mexiken New Member

It works much better on the original Q's I hear. Still not perfected on the Q9h.

I tried the newest version there is. The one released Nov 30th. And like I said, I emailed him directly. Didn't get a response. I saw the link to email him before I saw he had a forum. Looked around for my problem, saw a couple of other people with it, but they never got responses either. Or at least, back in December when I tried it. I posted a comment not too long ago, a snippet here:

"I just installed extreme txt on my moto q, for some reason when i goto the contact menu there aren't any profile pictures of my friends, expect 1 friend? how do i get a profile picture for each txt conversation?"

This was someone else having problems on the original Q. To which I responded: "I am experiencing the same problem. Thats actually why I didn't buy the program, and uninstalled before trial was up"

Never heard anything in response. The developer asked whether the contacts were in Outlook, which they were, but nothing. It was sketchy, hit and miss with pictures. I had maybe like one, or two people who had pictures, the rest didn't.

Its NOT a carrier issue. Can't be. All my other threading programs displayed it correctly, even if the time was slightly off. Textr did it, Txtman did it, IMSMS does it. So either they figured out the "carrier issue", or its not one. I wouldn't post it as such if it weren't so. I learned my lesson a while ago on that sort of thing....

I'm not knocking the program. Its a good one. Close call for it and Textr being my second fav. It needs work, just like most apps. I just prefer IMSMS at the moment. That could change if it fixes its problems. But I see it updated the same or less than other progs. So at the moment, I might as well stay with something free, especially when it works better on my specific phone.
  2. mexiken

mexiken New Member

Same with IMSMS. There is a setting in the options menu where you can actually turn it on and off at your whim.

IMSMS doesn't require any .Net either. Its just a standalone app.

The scroll contact list should be fixed already on Xtreme Text. When I tried it, it was fixed. Its an option in one of the menus or something.

IMSMS doesn't do that, never has. It works more like an IM program, hence the name. It actually has 2 modes. One, where you have your little window, and any new messages that come in are directed to the other person's window, and you can't read them until you switch to their window. Or, the one I use and like, any new message you get, it puts it in whatever box you're in. However, you can continue typing to the person you were before the message came in, and it will still go to them. When you switch to the person who sent it to you, the new message you received from them will be transferred there !!!! Pretty nifty. I use it for when I'm texting someone details about something, and I'm waiting to hear back from the person who has the details. When I see it, I just text the person the update. Works quite well.

Oh, also. I almost forgot. I don't remember if Xtreme does it, but I LOVE this feature of IMSMS: Whatever you last sent, you can hit an option, and it will automatically paste it in whatever box. So if I have to send the same message to two or more people, I can do that, quickly. While its not mass texting (which none have incorporated as far as I know) it helps out, a lot. Its just as easy as forwarding a sent message on the default SMS program. I just found it a couple days ago. I am happy about it.
  3. mexiken

mexiken New Member

After visiting the forum again right now, I remembered a few other issues it had.

I LOVED that it auto capatilized. Made the texts look much more elegant. However, it doesn't predict text. Bummer. IMSMS doesn't capatilize, but predicts. Its a trade off. But I'd rather have the predictive text.

Also, I have nicknames for people. Like for instance, I have a name, Nelson. I nicknamed him Nel-Fel-Son-Fon. When I compose a message in Xtreme Text, it would show him up as his full name, and alphabetically, instead of where his nickname should go. The default phonebook sorts it right. Its a topic in the forum as well, but never saw a possible fix or even acknowledgement. And the OP posted photos in the thread too....
  4. zenkinz

zenkinz New Member

fair points.

I think each software has its strength and shortcoming, so finding out what you need versus what's the offering is impt.

I couldn't get used to IMSMS UI at this moment, so I think I will stick to a more simplier xtremetxt for the moment :tounge:

But I like the fact that IMSMS is free :wink:
  5. RJNJC

RJNJC New Member

:foot:
    Excuse the 'ignorant' question!
    Can someone point to the download link for IMSMS for WM6!??

:foot:

:2cool:
  6. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

a little yes... see this thread..
  7. RJNJC

RJNJC New Member

Had look through that thread earlier:

> got to the wm6imsms website
    > download link took me to the IMSMS site (!)
    > scrolling down there are links for Smartphone/PPC download
    > There is 'dead' link, though for the v1.727 - for WM6 Q9H phone. But as I said: 'dead'!

I was hoping someone had a working link to share!

Thank you for your response, anyway.

:2cool:
  8. mexiken

mexiken New Member

9. mexiken

mexiken New Member

Agreed.

And yeah, the IMSMS UI did take some getting used to. The main GUI is probably the simplest, but it works quickly, so I don't complain. I like to have the advanced features there, they really make a difference in my productivity.

Can't argue with free :laugh2:
  10. RJNJC

RJNJC New Member

11. mexiken

mexiken New Member

And now you know how. Enjoy :2cool:
  12. DrQ

DrQ New Member

I just build 734 on my Sprint Moto Q9c and am getting the @ between all letters. Looked for the 127 version but the link is no longer there. How do I fix this?
  13. mexiken

mexiken New Member

Use 733. Its under 734. Cab file. Try that.
  14. DrQ

DrQ New Member

I did try that, but my build still shows 734. First I just installed 733 and it said it would remove the other version, but that didn't work. Then I did an uninstall and installed 733 but still no go.

Any suggestions? Maybe I'll try an uninstall then SKToolsLite then a reinstall.
  15. DrQ

DrQ New Member

Build 733 comes up 734 even after I delete all traces of the previous. Still has the @ sign between letters.
  16. mexiken

mexiken New Member

Did you try searching the forum on the page of the downloads ???? It has 31 pages of stuff. I thought I remember seeing something like that. Also check the FAQ on the page. It might be there as well.
  17. DrQ

DrQ New Member

Yes read the FAQ, searched the forum and posted w/o response. Read most of the pages but will go back and read all 31.
  18. mexiken

mexiken New Member

Try searching for the symbol in the post. If you read one of the last posts, he said he was going to hold off on development until 6.1 comes out, so I don't know what his status is.
  19. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

sounds wonderful! :)
  20. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

so how's this developing ?