Help with Exchange Email

Discussion in 'Samsung Saga' started by johnbrain, Mar 28, 2009.

1. johnbrain

johnbrain New Member

Help with Exchange Email

I have WM6.1 on my Q9C and it set up my wife's corporate email simple as pie. So I just bought her a Saga. Setup should be the same but it keeps telling me something is wrong with the setup and bounces back to the Password and Domain screen of setup.

Any thoughts? Do I have to do something on my PC one time first?
  2. EQBob

EQBob New Member

No. You do not have to do anything on the PC first. Are you sure you entered the password and domain correctly? Does anything use an underscore or a dash or something like that which you may have inadvertently typed incorrectly on the Saga because of the different keyboard layout with respect to special characters?
  3. jmorisey

jmorisey New Member

Additionally, there could have been a certificate that was installed on the Q that isn't on the SAGA. You may need to install that in order for things to work??!!??
  4. tman065

tman065 New Member

That's what happened to me. I needed a certificate from the IT guys. After that, it's been no probs.
  5. EQBob

EQBob New Member

Although it should tell you that rather than password/domain error.

It should say something like invalid security certificate and either allow you to install it if your IT folks have set it up to be done over the air or refer you to your IT folks.
  6. johnbrain

johnbrain New Member

Server side

We think maybe all the activity on the server through up a wall, since now my wife can't get into her email on PC. Ooops.

I'm sure they'll reset it when she goes to work tomorrow and I'll set it up. She had her BB configured for work. Then I convinced her WM6 was better and showed her it on my Q with HER settings.

The system probably thought something was up.

Oddly VZW told me I need the enterprise plan to get more than just email, but it sync'ed mail and calendar fine on my $29 plan. Same for friend with Omnia.

Now, if I can figured out how to get an alternate upgrade with my Onstar line I could see myself with a Saga, though my Q9C is set up just as I like.
  7. EQBob

EQBob New Member

You only need the more expensive plan if you're doing an Exchange sync to THEIR (i.e. verizon's) exchange server. Anybody else's exchange server, like your corporate one is covered under the $30 plan. They don't really make that abundantly clear, probably because of the extra $15 per month they get to collect from unsuspecting / unsure users.
  8. johnbrain

johnbrain New Member

<p>Can I have two exchange email accounts on one phone or does it screw things up? my wife's work is exchange, and her grad school has it as an option. I am having difficulty getting the grad school imap settings to work.</p>
    P.s.Any idea why my Saga get's email so slow when my friend's omnia n the same server gets email right away?
  9. zeromeg

zeromeg New Member

Samsung Saga and Exchange Server

I run my own exchange server and all has been great with my Treo 700W until it died. I got the Samsung Saga and was told it should work with Exchange the same way.

After 5 hours thus far today I can't get it to...

I had a certificate issue so I got a GoDaddy cert an installed it on the server (previous was self certified)...

Now it just keeps asking me to verify my credentials over and over again without any further error.

Same info works fine still in my Outlook and OWA login, no problem...
  10. tatootie

tatootie New Member

Ive got mine all set up too. Only thing Im finding, that because of the Exchange 'push' effect, its killing my battery. So I changed the server settings to check every 15 minutes. Gives the broadband a chance to disconnect.
  11. MyPhoneIsBlue

MyPhoneIsBlue New Member

Push vs even 5 minutes will kill your battery. The saga is dilligent at checking, i often get emails showing on my phone before they appear on my desktop.

After about 4 months of testing, i'm pretty certain that power savings can be realized without the connection needing to disconnect - an "idle" connection does not drain the battery, even with activesync running all day. Something like im+ will keep the connection active and you'll see your battery drain faster. You can lower the timeout and force the phone to disconnect whenever the data connection goes idle, but that just means you are reconnecting every minute while browsing (and getting the annoying popups).