Help with connections - My carrier needs a proxy but would like passthrough internet

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by ciper, Dec 17, 2009.

1. ciper

ciper New Member

Help with connections - My carrier needs a proxy but would like passthrough internet

I previously had my Moto Q on a provider with "wide open" internet capabilities. I would regularly connect my Q to the computer so that it would use my laptops faster internet connection rather than cellular data.

My new carrier requires the use of a proxy which is working properly when not connected to the PC. Once I connect the phone to the PC it is unable to use any type of data. I strongly believe this is because the carriers proxy is private and the phone is configured to use it and nothing else.

I guess this is more of a generic WinMo5 question but can someone help me make a "new connection" configuration that will bypass the proxy settings when needed?

thanks
  2. ciper

ciper New Member

I got it to work. I had to select the phone option "My desktop connects to - The Internet" and then change activesync option "My computer is connected to - The Internet"