help with bluetooth

Discussion in 'HTC Snap | Ozone' started by mwellstx, Dec 9, 2009.

1. mwellstx

mwellstx New Member

help with bluetooth

Hopefully someone can help me.
    Yesterday I received my HTC Ozone from Verizon (former Alltel subscriber). I am very pleased with the phone, my former was a Moto Q. There is only one problem I am having and it is driving me nuts (a real short trip at this point). With my Moto Q whenever I paired it with my bluetooth (Plantronics V521) I would hear audible indicators over the headset for new text messages, emails, etc. I would even sometimes listen to my mp3's this way. So far I have been unable to do the same with the Ozone. I have looked at all the settings I can think of and cannot find one to remedy this. I can make and receive calls just fine but cannot do the later. Can anyone help? I prefer to have my phone set to bluetooth and silent so all notifications come via that method.
  2. sixbennetts

sixbennetts Member

Start\Voice Command are the settings you're looking for. Don't feel bad, though. It took me 2 weeks to find it! Best thing is to click on all the assorted programs\apps and see what they all do.
  3. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Active Member

Damn six. You are becoming a resource. Keep your eyes on the road.
  4. mwellstx

mwellstx New Member

sweet i found that now is it possible to just have a sound play when a new text comes in or does it have to read it outloud?
    also how can i make the phone stream audio from say youtube to the bluetooth instead of the phone speaker
  5. sixbennetts

sixbennetts Member

Having music come from bluetooth is entirely device specific. Some non-stereo BT devices will play music, some won't. If your particular BT device doesn't do that, you might wanna check out some others. I never really cared for the sound of music coming from a single channel BT device myself. I'm pretty sure Plantronics makes a device that has a plug-in stereo module for stereo usage. You can use the device as a single BT device, or plug in the stereo mudule for music.

I'd take my phone to a store that lets you try out different BT devices, pair your phone to it, and try a few, see which one does what you want.

Thanks, Bberry!:dft012:wink

"Give a man a fish..."