help with activesync

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by mikemanning, Mar 2, 2010.

1. mikemanning

mikemanning New Member

help with activesync

activesync troubleshoot is leading me to a software i do not have onboard as potentially blocking my connection. zone alarm security suite. what i'm wondering is if there is another way to see what might be stopping the connection. i believe i have windows firewall setup correctly and updated to the latest activesync. can anyone help? thanks. mike.
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

stupid question; you are running XP right?
  3. mikemanning

mikemanning New Member

hi scott, thanks...yes xp. so i explored a bit online, booted in safe mode and the error i got was different. i was led to a resource online that mentioned going into the phone's settings and unchecking 'enable advanced network functionality'. did that, rebooted and voila there it was, recognized as a new device. it looked like it was synching but now the error i get is 'cannot synchronize with the outlook profile you are using, because a different profile was previously setup or the profile is password protected. please open outlook using the appropriate profile. and an error code...i have no idea what an outlook profile is or how to open outlook differently.

i only have one profile, just found that in 'mail', so i don't know where the conflict is...should i delete the device, phone, and start from scratch?
  4. n99hockey

you should delete any partnership that was created with active sync (in active sync) and then try to resync and see what happens
  5. mikemanning

mikemanning New Member

problem solved. thank you!

that did it. deleted the device, reconnected and it created a new relationship i guess. all is good.
  6. n99hockey

sweet
    glad it all worked out!