Help with 6.1 Verizon Update

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by Tom Thomson, Sep 22, 2008.

1. Tom Thomson

Tom Thomson New Member

Help with 6.1 Verizon Update

I have downloaded all the necessary software to my pc, however when the Software Update Screen opens and it says to connect the usb to the phone my ActiveSync will open but the software never recognizes my phone. (the screen says "your device info will appear to the left") but it never does. Any thoughts????
  2. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

may need to restart pc or reinstall the program
  3. jeremylobaugh

jeremylobaugh New Member

check your firewall settings if a reboot doesn't help
  4. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

and search, this has happened before to other members..
  5. Fuzzball

Fuzzball New Member

6. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

welcome aboard Fuzzball.

nice first post !
  7. larsdennert

larsdennert Active Member

Worst case you have to master reset the phone (which loses all info). My phone was so screwed up that I had to master reset and then all worked fine.

My BT gps stopped working, then my BT wouldn't load. Ah well too much hacking.
  8. jlasich

jlasich New Member

Tom, I am in the same boat. I have tried just about everything: advanced network functionality box checked and unchecked, firewall on and off, master reset phone, ensured it was fully charged, restarted the phone and the computer, and anything else I could think of to no avail.

Are you using XP or Vista and what service pack? I am using XP with SP3 and I am wondering if that is where my problem is.
  9. ScottQ9c

ScottQ9c New Member

I'm using XP with SP3 as well, and had no trouble downloading and installing the 6.1 update from the Motorola website.
  10. jlasich

jlasich New Member

Thanks ScottQ9c for responding. Since I know now that that is not the problem, then I have no idea what is. I guess I will take it to a store and have them do it for me.
  11. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

Have you tried the "unofficial = official" VZW WM 6.1 method below my signature? It works first time if you follow the directions. Go for it !!!
  12. jlasich

jlasich New Member

Thanks for the tip rcmutzel. I will do that if the VZW store is unable, or charges, to do the update.
  13. Tom Thomson

Tom Thomson New Member

I am on Windows 2000 and still no luck, have tried everything. Our IT is going to look at it this morning so I will post when and if he finds the solution/problem.
  14. Tom Thomson

Tom Thomson New Member

After trying with Windows 2000 and Vista, it finally worked on XP.
  15. Tojo1968

Tojo1968 New Member

Me too.

I have xp and SP2 and changed usb ports. Still no go. I'll try my home computer tonight and see if it works there.
  16. nmcguff

nmcguff New Member

I'm having an issue as well with the offical release. I followed the instructions to the letter. The software installs on my PC and recognizes my phone. It puts the phone into the programming mode then the computer thinks the phone has been disconnected. The software errors out and tells me to reconnect my phone. I have to remove the battery to reset the phone. I tried 4 times and still no luck. I'm running XP with SP2. My PC recognizes my phone with no problems using active sync.
  17. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

Try the one below my sig - It'll work for sure !!
  18. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

Tell him to try our fool-proof tutorial - battin' 1,000 :gasp:
  19. Axithe

Axithe New Member

I no what the problem is!!!!

i had the EXACT same problem....my guess is you had the sp3 service pack for windows xp? well if you do then it will not recognize it for some reason as my laptop with sp3 did not as well. My desktop however which has sp2 which moto says to use detected it in seconds! So you have to search and find a computer with sp2...GOOD LUCK!

if you are already running xp sp2 or something else then sorry for the false title :laugh2:
  20. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

I did a "c" AND a "m" with SP3 with absolutely no problems . . . makes me wonder . . . whodthunkit, eh?