help!!! white screen of death!!!

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9m' started by PAULI18, Apr 2, 2008.

1. PAULI18

PAULI18 New Member

help!!! white screen of death!!!

ohh man. what do i do??? i look at my phone when i get to work this mourning and its off. i never shut it off but it is. i try to power it on and nothing. i plug in the charger and power it on it starts w/ the verizon logo than goes white... i try to power off...nothing.. i pull the battery and go through all that and nothing. just a white screen.
    am i screwed? my last q9m died this week. i lost all my numbers. i got this phone on sunday.
    please help!!
    paul
  2. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

First, try letting it charge for a few minutes (maybe 10-15) and then try turning it on again.
    <insert add for sprite backup here> You can find it here
    Were there any programs you installed or possibly any hacks?
  3. PAULI18

PAULI18 New Member

i didnt download anything. i did turn off the texting thing when i first got it. but thats it. i play the bubble game that it came w/ and i put in all my contacts. im screwed arent i?
  4. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

I wouldn't say that, I'd just like to (if we can) narrow down to what caused this. Like I said, my first thought was the battery charge. Sometimes if the charge is too low the phone will not allow you to turn it on. Or if there is a minimal charge it will go through a portion of the startup and then shut off again.
  5. cheri

cheri Active Member

Paco...u are right...happened to me while my offspring were chauffering me around....
    i was like woah....white screen of death NOT...got home and hooked it up ac style and saw the battery charge...
    i think the white screen is just a reminder that i really need to behave lol. jk
  6. PAULI18

PAULI18 New Member

ok so 1st i pulled the battery and let it sit say 10min. than i put battery back in. i pluged it into the charger (didnt turn on). now its showing me a bettery getting charged. ohh man you guys are good. im not gonna turn it on yet ill give it some time.
  7. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

I'm sure most (if not all) of us have been there before, no worries.
  8. PAULI18

PAULI18 New Member

so what do you think. give it 10 minutes before it restart. or go longer. or do you think my problem is cleared? man i probaby returned my last phone for no reason. i lost alot of good phone numbers too.
  9. cheri

cheri Active Member

leave it alone yes.
    i freaked for a sec when i saw the white screen then i remembered its been mentioned here before on the resolution to the problem..

its like life support for the q right ....now
  10. PAULI18

PAULI18 New Member

im at work right now and you shoulda seen me freaking!!! like i said i just got it replaced!! you guys are awsome!!! thank you so much. and it really is like life support.
    paul
  11. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

Like I said, no worries. That's why I come here, I enjoy helping people (dorky I know)
    So how's akron lately? It's been years since I've been there (well, Canton anyway) I marched with the BlueCoats back in 2001.
  12. cheri

cheri Active Member

settle down paul its gonna be ok. lol
    lots worse happens to Q,s and they pull through fine.

but on a side note: me and my kids were at the gym yesterday. i walked off after doing my thing and forgot to pick up my Q! i was all the way in lockeroom and my bt headphones were still clear lol. freaked for a sec and went and found it a man had it...looked funny with this guy holding a black Q in apink flip case lol
  13. cheri

cheri Active Member

settle down paul its gonna be ok. lol
    lots worse happens to Q,s and they pull through fine.

but on a side note: me and my kids were at the gym yesterday. i walked off after doing my thing and forgot to pick up my Q! i was all the way in lockeroom and my bt headphones were still clear lol. freaked for a sec and went and found it a man had it...looked funny with this guy holding a black Q in a pink flip case lol
  14. PAULI18

PAULI18 New Member

akron is great i moved here from a suburb of cleveland a little over 1.5 years. short move maybe 15 miles but what a difference in how people are/act. its great. we are so glad we made the move.

yeah my q has been a cool phone i use hardley any of the functions on it but ill be doing more once i read these threads more....
    again thanks for your help
  15. cheri

cheri Active Member

im so settled i repeat myself lol)
  16. PAULI18

PAULI18 New Member

ohh by the way cheri that is one really hot boot!!!!
  17. cheri

cheri Active Member

thanx Paul
    :)