Help w/ new Q software!!! Q2 BP_C_06.07.03P

Discussion in 'Windows PC and Moto Q' started by CrissyQ, Oct 4, 2007.

1. CrissyQ

CrissyQ New Member

Help w/ new Q software!!! Q2 BP_C_06.07.03P

Hi all. I'm on my 5th Q (thank god for warranty & free replacements) and today the techie at the Verizon store tells me I need to upgrade to the latest Q software that came out in August: Q2 BP_C_06.07.03P

So I'm a mac user borrowing a PC to update the Q (missing sync never worked for me) & apparently I need to install Active Sync 4.2 or later (it has 4.1 naturally) so here's my question: Is the microsoft website working for anyone? I'm gettin repeated errors & troubleshooting says no prob with my connection, must be the website. Anyone experienced this? I been tryin every few hours
  2. CrissyQ

CrissyQ New Member

which is the new software?!?

Update: There was something wrong with the microsoft site - I found another that posted ActiveSync for download. Here's my newest (confusion) question: which is the latest software?!! I've tried searching the web for over an hour & the links on this site were not helpful (unusual). When I went to update my phone with the latest - it said I already had the latest, but it was Q2-BP_C_06.0B.11P.

That doesn't match with what the Verizon Technical Service Data Support guy said was the "latest" that fixed the freezing issue...

Anyone know what's up?
  3. smiller2076

smiller2076 New Member

I'm pretty sure ActiveSync is up to 5 or 6.0. The only way to download the latest firmware is to go to Motorola's website and download the updater.
    When you run that program on your PC, it will tell you if you need an update or not.
    If you don't have a PC, I would recommend getting one. ActiveSync is vitally important to back up your information on the Q. I have had lots of times where I accidentally deleted info and had to sync to get it back.

Sent from my Q
  4. smiller2076

smiller2076 New Member

One more thing. How are you on your 5th Q? Are you eating them? lol
  5. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

active sync is only at 4.5
  6. smiller2076

smiller2076 New Member

Oops...I had the 5 part right though; just in the wrong spot :tounge: