Help - Sharing a PdaNet connection from my PC to my network

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by BWG, Feb 17, 2010.

1. BWG

BWG Member

Help - Sharing a PdaNet connection from my PC to my network

I have a Q9C and a Q. I live in a rural area where my phone lines will not handle DSL and there is no cable. So, rather than a satellite connection I chose wireless. I like PdaNet and use it to connect my PC's to the internet.

I have 3 desktops and 1 laptop. I have them on a wireless/wired network. Usually I connect through my USB Sync cable although I do have a Bluetooth USB I can plug into any of the computers.

Has anyone managed to connect to their phone with PdaNet and share the connection on a network with other computers?

2 PC's run XP Home
    1 PC runs Vista Home
    1 laptop runs Windows 7 Ultimate

I tried ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) from my Vista PC and could not get it to work.
    I tried sharing the PdaNet modem connection on my XP machine and could not get it to work.

I am tired of moving the phone from 1 PC to the other. Also 1 PC is located in an area of my house where I get 1 to 2 bars or sometimes 0. Another is a consistant 3 to 4 bars which is where I want to leave the phone. It always stays connected there and does not switch back and forth between EVDO and 1x data connections.

I am almost ready to ditch this whole process and get a MIFI 2200.

Also I am using an Alltel version of both devices and was part of the Verizon acquisition.