help: pop3 email count on home screen

Discussion in 'Q Home Screens and Wallpapers' started by spindoctor, Nov 15, 2006.

1. spindoctor

spindoctor New Member

help: pop3 email count on home screen

Hello all, thanks for all the great tips/tricks/advice so far!

I have a bit of a quirky thing here and had been scouring the forums all night trying to find a solution:

How can I modify my home screen so the 'EMAIL:0' counter contains my pop3 email count, in addition to (or rather than) my outlook email count? I can navigate the .xml code pretty well, but was wondering if someone has allready accomplished this and could tell me what needs to be changed.

I am going to use wireless sync for my contacts/calendar only & pop3 for email and just wanted the homescreen cleaner. I hate that the pop3 comes in on a different line.

Thanks in advance.

-J
  2. scottjb

scottjb New Member

If all you want is to display a pop account, you should be able to do it with this plug-in:

<!-- Messages plugin -->
    <plugin _clsid="{2F930BF0-6FE9-4a53-9E17-88E9247BAB48}" name="emcount" height="35" width="300">
    <background b-border-width="0"> </background>
    <label x="27" y="6" halign="left" bgcolor="transparent" fgcolor="#FFFFFF">
    <format state="unselected" font-weight="normal"/>
    <format state="selected" font-weight="bold"/>
    <text> Email: <unreadEmail/> </text>
    </label>
    </plugin>
  3. spindoctor

spindoctor New Member

I don't know if that is what I was looking for, let me be more clear:

I wanted the email portion of the counter to show my pop3 email count rather than my outlook email count. I still would like all the other counts there (text msg, sms).

Can this be done?
  4. caseyharper

caseyharper New Member

I have been trying to figure this out as well. I would greatly appreciate anyone who could explain how ot have my pop3(yahoo) account show on the home screen rather than the Email(outlook). I only run a yahoo account through the Q, and would like to have the home screen contain a counter for this account instead of an unused Outlook accout. Thanks for any help provided.