Help! Please help me get around the keylogger in WM

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by Wmen, Mar 25, 2010.

1. Wmen

Wmen Banned

Help! Please help me get around the keylogger in WM

Hi, well my problem is ...Once I compromised with my mom that she installing this spam link software as the condition of buying me a WM . But now I regret , it seems that all my activities on the WM are under her nose . I enjoy my WM, and as well as freedom. I wanna uninstall it but I cannot find where the app is , even by the Task Manager . I know it is bad for me to do so , but just think about if you were facing this... so please help ! Thanks !
  2. txter

txter New Member

Go to Start > Settings > Remove Programs > Remove Retina-X Studios Smartphone

If a screen appears that says all elements could not be removed, then perform the manual method.

MANUAL METHOD

1. Go to Start > File Manager.
    2. Navigate to this folder: Program Files\Smartphone
    3. Deletes these three files: OpenNETCF.dll, OpenNETCF.Net.dll and Smartphone.log
    4. Rename the other two files to any other name such as “a” and “b”.
    5. Reboot the phone. Then go back to File Manager.
    6. Delete the Programs\Smartphone folder only. This will delete the two files remaining.
  3. sixbennetts

sixbennetts Member

Ya know, this makes me wonder...is there a way to check your phone for something like this?
  4. txter

txter New Member

you have to have it installed on your phone. if you dont know that its on your phone...thats not good. keep your device locked if you think someone is messing with it
  5. sixbennetts

sixbennetts Member

Well, dah. That much I sussed out for myself. What I asked was how to tell if something like this is installed.
  6. txter

txter New Member

well then... how well do you know your phone...?
    go through your folders and programs lists. look for things you know. you should be able to know whats default and 3rd party installed.
    its not real rocket sicence.