Help Please!!! Dropped Q, SD Card no longer recognized.

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by Damionix, Apr 20, 2008.

1. Damionix

Damionix New Member

Help Please!!! Dropped Q, SD Card no longer recognized.

I dropped my Q yesterday night on the carpet, and it went off and turned itself back on, but now when I try to run programs from my Memory Card, it returns an error that it cannot find where the programs. Funny when I plug the card, the icon shows at the top. But Memory Manager says Card not available. Please what can I do to get it to read my card again, most of my programs are on there, as I always feared running out of space.
    Any help is appreciated.:frown:
  2. weee96

weee96 New Member

Unfortunately its probably damaged internally and needs repair. I'd take it to a shop to have it checked out as its most likely nothing you can fix.
  3. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

can always try removing and inserting card with and without power on.
  4. Damionix

Damionix New Member

I tried all that , :(

Well after a series of test, and by test I mean; trying the card on my notebook multi-card reader, no way. On my PC card reader, no way. On my Wife's Dash no way. But her memory card was picked up by my phone. SO, there at least I know it is not the phone with the problem.

I would guess that the card was "Fried" yesterday during the sudden power off and on of the phone. So, I guess my next question is, Anyone knows how to recover a "Dead SanDisk 1GB memory Card?". The information is Hvae on there are so precious. And Sprite backup only backed up my hard drive, now I have regrets why I didn't check memory card too.
    Any insight is appreciated.
  5. Damionix

Damionix New Member

Anyone? Please

Anyone?:frown:
  6. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

Sorry, but pretty sure there isn't a miracle SD card repair recover tool. I also don't have Sprite back up my card but I do make a copy of my entire SD once a week and save to my pc. And there's Dashwire for SD pics a vids too...
  7. berger1980

berger1980 New Member

Probably nothing to recover the data, but you do know there is a warranty on all Sandisk products right? If not, there is, I would contact them, if you still have proof of purchase that is. I tried to do this with my old micro SD from my Nextel, and they made me "find" my receipt, luckily I keep receipts and boxes until I sell/get rid of the products.
  8. magicman08

magicman08 New Member

I too hang on to most electronics boxes....if nothing else it sure makes it easier to re-sell most of the time. Although some morons still make you destroy the box to get into the damn thing (nintendo ds)

I bought mine from a re-seller from amazon.com but I guess I would have my proof of purchase available to print off.

9. berger1980

berger1980 New Member

Yup, sounds like you'll be good then!
  10. Damionix

Damionix New Member

Thanx Guys

Well thanx Guys, in as much as I am sad that all my information is gone forever, now I know better. I will back up next time I get a memory ard for situations like this. Funny how a sudden power outage basically fried the poor thing. As for warranty, I don't even remember where I kept that paper, I mean I have had the Micro SD Card for more than a year now, since my first Moto Q, so no luck on that. I will just buy a bigger one, maybe 2GB, or maybe the 8GB. Anyone know where I can get these for cheap? and the compatible ones. I never quite knew what the limit of the Q9c was as far as expanding the memory.

Thanks
  11. magicman08

magicman08 New Member

I got a 2gb one off of amazon.com for like $16.49 shipped...no way affiliated with amazon....but a super deal on a name brand card
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000J421ZY