Help - Phone Won't Send Email

Discussion in 'Windows PC and Moto Q' started by edwardsjbe, Aug 1, 2008.

1. edwardsjbe

edwardsjbe New Member

Help - Phone Won't Send Email

I can receive email on my phone, in fact, I not only receive the email but I also receive an email "heading" (you know, the "to" and "from" stuff, time, etc.) as a text message! (If anybody knows how to stop that, PLEASE let me know - what a pain!) But my phone won't send email wirelessly. It'll look like it's been sent, but it won't actually be sent until I physically hook the phone up to my desktop at the office - then it sends the stuff. Sometimes folks will get 5 or 6 emails a day or so after I thought I sent them. Very frustrating. At the office I'm using Windows XP and Microsoft Office/Microsoft Outlook. Thanks in advance for any help. (I've tried calling AT&T and I've tried taking it in to one of their stores for help - no luck - they only sell the stuff - they have no idea how it works!) - Jim Edwards
  2. Geekster

Geekster New Member

How are you sending emails? Google? Yahoo? Hotmail? Through a server at work? Just trying to pin this down a little.
  3. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

After you hit send...are you then selecting Menu and send/receive? The Q will store all outgoing emails till you pc up...or hit send/receive. :smile:

and...welcome aboard!
  4. tlreese

tlreese New Member

Q 9m will not send e-mail

I cannot send e-mail either, though I can receive it. I am using AT&T e-mail on phone, but Verizon personnel cannot solve the problem either.
  5. scorrpio

scorrpio New Member

If this is a POP/SMTP account, you can't go through your mail prrovider's server - they will refuse mail coming in from not their own IP. If you carrier is Verizon, you need following:

On Outgoing (SMTP) mail server screen, put in: smtp.vzwmail.net, check "Outgoing server equires authentication", uncheck "use same name and password for sending".
    In next screen, put in [your mobile phone#]@vzwmail.net (i.e. 1234567890@vzwmail.net). And the password is your Verizon Account password. If you don't have the account, go to www.verizonwireless.com and create one. Be sure to check 'Save password'.

Oh yeah, about Send/Receive: In the screen where you select how often you Send/Receive, go to Advanced Settings, and check "Send/Receive when I click Send". Now, the phone will send your email as soon as you hit Send.
  6. rfarrah

rfarrah New Member

...Unless you have the correct settings.
  7. mysteray

mysteray New Member

i'm having a similar problem. i am using a pop3/smtp account, and i'm sure i have the correct settings. it receives messages just fine, but won't send them. i get the following error:
    "The message(s) cannot be sent. Be certain that you have network coverage and that your account information is correct and then try again."
    i did a master reset a few weeks ago, and this was working fine before i did that, same settings. oh, i'm trying to send a picture, if that matters.

edit: i have a moto q9c on sprint

update: i got it working. i just deleted the account and set it up from scratch. something must have gotten hosed when i set it up initially.