(help newbie) ... (silent ringtone) ... (how-to) .mp3 to phone

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by sawgood, Nov 5, 2007.

1. sawgood

sawgood New Member

(help newbie) ... (silent ringtone) ... (how-to) .mp3 to phone

Hi:

I have a need to have a silent ring tone for certain numbers on my MotoQ. I cannot be interrupted with a RING noise when I get calls from specific numbers, etc.

So, I downloaded from the Internet a .MP3 file for this. It is a 10-second or so silent ring tone (perfect fit)! The specs of the .mp3 file are:

KPBS: 192 MHZ: 48 in 'stereo' ...

The 'problem' I am having is that I have no idea how to get this .mp3 file from my PC ... into my phone ... (what directory does it go on the phone ... what file name does it need to be ... what .ext does it have to have ... and what specs are ok for an .mp3 file to be for it to work as a ring tone).

Any help getting this data from my PC to the phone and working as a ring tone would be greatly appreciated.

Peace!
  2. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

welcome aboard...

the ring tones goes in \Application Data\Sound or in the root of the storage card (if you have one) depending on the OSyou use, with XP you can use Active Sync, for Vista you need Windows Mobile Device Center (both available on the Windows Mobile web site)
  3. sawgood

sawgood New Member

Got it (100%) ...

Thank you so much ... I got it, and I have it working!

The problem now is that the 'silent' ring tone I got ... is not truly silent ... it sort of has this 'humming' noise I can hear in the background. The disclaimer on the net was that 'some people' can hear it and some cannot.

Now that I know how to transfer the data, I can create my own or get another fully silent tone.

Peace!
  4. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

yea, make your own... i know there was one floating around here a while ago.