HELP ME-Moto Q Sd-Hd headphones breakup terribly

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by catcooter, Dec 27, 2009.

1. catcooter

catcooter New Member

HELP ME-Moto Q Sd-Hd headphones breakup terribly

I'm gettin so horribly frustrated with this phone. It has SO many possibilities but I'm not real computer literate so you can imagine how hard this phone is for me. I just got these motorola wireless wraparound earbuds for Christms. Fter hours of trial and error I've got them working with good sound but the signal is horrible. they break up constantly. I hear more of that than the songs! I can't understand the connector being put on the back of my head as that is hugely responsible for the constant breakup in signal. What the heck am I supposed to do with my phone, glue it to my neck? (for everything I learn I inherit fice more problems) I really want this phone to work out for me as I've been living with one of the very first "go phones" but I'm very discouraged and ready to give up. (battery burn up issues are my biggest problem but that's for another entry) I've tried asiking numerous questions in another forum but i never get any answers. (Maybe I ask too much) PLEASE, how do I improve the connection so I can actually listen to music? I've seen these internal antennas that stick on the battery, do they work?

My first step is to buy an extended battery. This alone has made me upset as I really wanted a pink phone and now my back will be siler, eew. (after that I pray i can find a pink case to accomodate the extended battery or I just give up)

I am not sure what I did, but the sound altogether was horrible and somehow i fixed that and am really happy with it. I especialy like the fact I can buy multiple storage cards so I won't fill up my device. BUT if I can't get a decent signal there's no point. (I just got a new mini digital tv for crhristmas too. It's an Auvio 2l.5' portable. Sheesh, same problem, near impossible to get a signal and keep it. (my husband got it working, but for now 'm comletely missing cbs which I find odd and haven't had time to try and look at it)

Are all bluetooth like this? Is there a cure? I got this phone so I could have internet access ANd the music player (plus maybe a couple games) but so far I can't listen to music. I have an Ipod Nano that is great and I plan on getting the adaptor so I can use the wireless hedphones with it but having the phone to is a plus. (you see my husband is a real estate broker and I can't even get into the car with him without him being on the stupid phone. I hate it. I got this phone, along with my Nano so I could entertain myself rather than listen to him do business. Between the lousy reception and the quifckly dying battery I'm just screwed and depressed over the entire mess) Can anyone please else me?

My family are SO sick of istening to me whine, trying to fix things, and trying to help themselves, they are ready to just buy me a new phone and start oer....that is saying alot cause the one i wanted is a hundred dollars more, but hss a touch screen and even gets TV~ WOW. I feel bad cause I can't figure this all out and Ive cost my family a small fortune on batteries and chargers and all the other accessories.

Please, the immediate problem: How to get a signal on my wireless headphones Will one of these stick on antennas for the battery help? I'd prefer an email rather than a message or answer here if possible. I just have so many things going on in my life and many of them are tryig to fiure ut these goofy electronic devices. So you can see how much time I'fe spent, it is now 5 am and I had planned on being in bed hours ago. Every nite it's the same thing, i'm up trying to learn to use all these devices.

I DO want to keep this phone. I mean, even if I sell this one and all the stuff i"ve bought to go with it, theoher phone is twice as much and I'd havce to start oer with all the accessories. ACK.
    CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME, ASAP?????? thanks so much, you'll nver know how much appreciate it, Cat
  2. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

the stick on antennas are joke..

Take the headphones back, possible you got a bad one. I am kinda confuzzeled... if they are wireless, why are you plugging anything into them?
    I'm guessing they are the Moto S9's
  3. catcooter

catcooter New Member

They aren't being plugged in. Sorry if I confused anyone. Yes, I have the Motorolla S9HD headphones. I can't get a clear signal with them unless I hold my phone behind me so they are near the power source! (I am going to get the plug in adaptor for my Ipod Nano so I can use them with it)Could it have anything to do with being around tons of other electical and wireless devices? No other bluetooth, but my laptop is wireless.

IF I use regular headphones (I have some Sony's that have great sound on my Nano) and use that cheap $9 adaptor I don't have the signal break up but the whole idea is I hate wires. (last pair got chopped in half getting caught in the door!)

My son is trying to tell me it's a Microsoft 5.0 problem. The software with the phone. He says I need to upgraade to I think 6.1 and that will solve the problem. Could he be right?

IF he is right where do I have to figure out where to find the upgrade (I hope it's free) and; if I do this, will it affect any settings or information I already have on the phone. (like my cool program that locks the keypad.)

I'm afraid taking them back isn't a possibility right now, my car is in the shop and I'm told I am "supposed" to get it back NEXT weekend, plus, if hubby has a receipt he's too busy to find it for me so I don't have that. Maybe that's not a big problem for an exchange.

So, do you think upgrading to 6.1 will help? Just seems like I don't have good luck with anything electrical these days. My family is giving me a lot of crap for buying an old tech phone but they didn't wnt to be bothered helping me find anything better in pink and the one I DID find was $100 more and the service was more so I got told no. (now of course, two months later I'm hearing, "I never said that." ha.)

I'm getting kind of attached to this little phone so if I can just get hte sound problem fixed I'm ok. I don't use a phone much. Ok, so faster better internet service would be cool, but just having it at all is such a huge improvement for me I'm happy.

I ordered the better battery so hopefully it won't die on me anymore. That and this sound breakup are my only two real gripes so hopefully it will be resolved somehow. (I ordered the attachment for my Ipod, the D650 so I can use these headphones on it. Now if they breakup on IT I'll know I have a bad pair)

I'm assuming from your response others have these headphones with good luck? I'll keep trying, any and all help is truly appreciated. Thank you:dft011:tounge_out
  4. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

You can't upgrade the software on the orriginal Q. WM5.0 is it.

Many here have used those headphones with the same phone with no issues.

Have you tried to repair the two? Then make sure it is set to "stereo" in the bluetooth settings
  5. catcooter

catcooter New Member

Moe blue tooth problems

Ok, a little resesarch done.......my son hooked up the s9-hd wireless headphones to his IPod touch. they work fine, sound is impeccable. I can wander anywhere around the house.

If I hook them to my phone I have a couple problems. 1. can't get a good connection. I've tried repairing them three times and can finally get a connection. One out ofr every five times they connect and I can hear them. It's the PHONE not the headphones

2. drains the battery in a matter of minutes. In the time it has taken me to listen to half a song then try to turn them off battery is gone and the phone locks up. I have to remove the battery, put it back in, THEN it will allow me to go back into the bluetooth connection and turn it off and the battery magically is full again.

3. Even if I ever get to a point I can GET them to work, the sound is irratic. BAD overall. I've adjusted all settings on the phone itself and that's not it. They just aren't producing a quality sound.

I NEED TO KNOW:
    is there anything I can do (program/patch/ap) not too complicated I can download to help the phone with the connection

Is ther esomething I can download to improve the sound quality. (remember if I use corded headphones the sound is great, and if I use these headless ones on a different device it's great so it's the PHONE)

I'm So frustrated I want to scream. I'm spending every waking moment of my life trying to get this stuff to work and I can't keep doing it.

If this is the best it gets I won't hve a phone. When I get my attachment we will find out if the quality/connection is as good on my Nano is it is on an IPOD touch. One can only hope. (that is where I will use the most anyway!)

HELP HELP HELP
    I'm sorry to be such a pain but I've even called the stupid Motorola people about the head phones and all they say is to repair them. (I didn't even know what that meant or how to do it so you see, I'm in trouble here)
  6. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

--threads merged--

there is no need to start another thread on the same topic
  7. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

8. catcooter

catcooter New Member

UM, I'm not sure I know what you mean by set it to stereo in the bluetooth settings. The settings I have give me an option of "stereo Headset" and yes that is working. Is there another place that should be stereo?

Even so, we've tried using the headphones for calls and the break up on that too. They work sweet on the ipod. I really truly don't know what to do. I've tried repairing (?) several times. When I finally did get a good connection my battery was gone and it locked up the phone -- BUT if I took the battery out, put it back in and turned off the headphones, the battery is fine. It's weird. It's like the battery can't handle the headphones at all.....it takes several steps to turn everything on and off; and just that is enough to overload it.

Either way I can't get and keep a good connection but they work fine on the ipod. Don't understand
  9. catcooter

catcooter New Member

OH phone with Motorola, being told won't work

I am on the phone on hold now with Motorola and they are telling me these bluetooth headphones will not work with the MOTO Q because the version on the headphones is higher than the phone and the version on the phone is in the hardware and cannot be changed. I told him you all are using them, suggestions?
    The tech could not help me, he wants me to call back tomorrow and talk to their "secondary level" and hung up. Is there some type of hack that needs to be done to get these to work that I don't know about? It does show on the Motorola website that these ARE compatible with the phone. as you can see, I seem to be getting no where and spending a huge amount of time trying to get this to work. For the record, I have successfully installed the trial version of PacMan on a storage card, and a special program to lock the keyboard so it won't go on while giggling in my purse. This is why I really want to get these to work, there seems to be the ability to modify this phone to DO things so I'm hoping someone can help somewhere otherwise, I "hopefully" have wireless headphones for my Nano and nothing for the phone! I'm trying to DOWNSIZE the amount of stuff I have to carry in my purse! WOW, it's not happening so far! (I did order a big new battery so hopefully that will help with other problems....)
  10. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

do you have another BT device you can try and pair with your Q? The headphones do work with other devices. This leaves the Q as the suspect. Either it is a setup issue..or possible funky BT transmitter.
  11. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

yup...good call mike! s9's work great with all q's. sounds like q to me too! =)
  12. gnath9

gnath9 New Member

I agree with mike. I own those same headphones. They worked great on my Q9c and now with my Droid.