help for a novice!

Discussion in 'Motorola Q Accessories' started by ssnpttr, May 17, 2008.

1. ssnpttr

ssnpttr New Member

help for a novice!

I have several issues with my phone:
    1) I can only receive email intermittently and don't know why! Local tech support (where I bought the phone has not been much help!)

2) my internet connection shuts down before it loads my page then when I go back to get in it is stuck on the last page I viewed

3) My $25 hard case totally fell apart after 2 months

4) my first Q phone had a tech problem that required a replacement phone. The company was great and sent a new phone no problem-no question--Cool, right? My replacement phone occasionally 'freezes', buttons don't respond, weird intermittent problems. Is this a typical 'character trait of the phone??

5) dumb one: how do I log off?? I've been just pushing the red 'hang up' button but doesn't always log off. Why don't I see an option to log off?

Before you get 'attitude' I said up front: I"M NOT A TECHIE!
    THANKS
  2. magicman08

magicman08 New Member

sounds to me like you have a poor connection for the first couple of issues....

I use a simple leather fold over case simply for when I am out of the house and it is in my pocket.......other than that I use screen protectors I got from walmart for like $6 for 10 of em....change em about every two weeks or less if it really needs it

As far as the phone they sent you, it is most likely a refurbished one.....but your not the only one whom has had problems with buttons sticking and stuff....I haven't but I have a q9c
  3. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

who is your carrier?

have you deeted the temp internet files recently? If not it would be a good place to start.

try SKlite to clearout some memory, may help with freezing. Can be had here...

http://mq.roeiboot.com/apps/