~help~ Flash Mode?? Phone Wont Turn On....

Discussion in 'Sprint' started by qrasflk4, Apr 23, 2007.

1. armyturtle

armyturtle New Member

It looks just like any other usb cable to be truthful, connnectors are identically the same (though it is a bit more stiff than the original Q's usb cable). There really isn't a way to know you've got one that came from a Blackberry unless you find someone who already has a blackberry 7510 (nextel model) which is the type I used. The only reason I stated this very specific model is because it's the only thing that worked for me and if it worked for me SEVEN TIMES to get out of the boot rom flash screen when everyone else was telling me it couldn't be fixed (Motorola, Sprint, all other forums) other than sending it in for repair; then it would only be helpful to you & others if I stated EXACTLYwhat it was that enabled me to correct the problem.

You may find another usb cable from somewhere else that works - who knows. I'm just telling you if you want to be 100% on what I did to fix it, find someone with a blackberry 7510 (old blue & bulky nextel iDEN phone) and use that cable (a store perhaps? They may look at you weird, but bring a laptop with the motorola update software & activesync on it to do it on the spot).
  2. bobby-n

bobby-n New Member

dude if you have this problem reflash your phone with rsd lite its in my guide on how to fix it or use the 2 Qs fix
  3. sellersb

sellersb New Member

Switched USB cable solved the Stuck in Flash mode problem

Hi.

I have a MotoQ and tried to update the software from the motorola website. The update would run until the "updating software" part. Then my phone would restart and hang in Flash mode (black screen with white letters.) The update software on my PC then said cannot connect to phone.

I pulled the battery and put it back in.

I reconnected using a different USB cable (this was a short gray cable) per the instructions from other posters (THANKS!)

The update continued!

This might be a USB1 vs USB2 problem.
  4. Joneyee

Joneyee New Member

Ok, I routinely have a good number of apps running (10-15) but I also go to Task manager 4-6 times a day and kill what is not in use. I have NEVER shut my Q down, it charges while on at night (as it is my alarm and an on call phone for work).

I think this is a matter of not overextending the system resources and causing a OS crash. Kill apps not in use periodicly.
  5. smcdani2

smcdani2 New Member

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Did you ever get this resolved? I am having the same issue. Verizon tells me I need a new phone. Your reply regardless would be apreciated.

Steve McDaniel
    smcdani2@tampabay.rr.com
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
  6. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

turn it off and use an A/C charger for a few hours. You may have to power on and off a few times. Do not say yes to a reset .. everything will be erased
  7. smcdani2

smcdani2 New Member

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    I tried using my cigerette lighter usb charger "It said 'USB Charger enabled'; but it kept asking for me to plug in the usb cable | probably looking for a data connection as well. So I used my USB Data Cable | "It said USB Cable connected." The screen never changed. So tomorrow I will buy an AC Charger for my phone before I give up the ghost. Thank you, I still have hope.

Steve McDaniel
    941-756-9475
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
  8. Juan Lara

Juan Lara New Member

solution for Motorola Q flash mode

Hello Im Juan and I got the solution for you just install Active Sync 4.5, go to http://direct.motorola.com/hellomoto/motosupport/source/SoftwareUpdateSumary.asp? page.select a carrier type, Sprint (For example) or any company you want. operating in you area where you live, Choose your device model.in your case( Q ) and follow the instructions there in the step 1 choose a date no more that one year before your date to get warranty follow the rest of the instructions to restore the Software in you moto Q,
  9. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

im sure thatll come in very handy in the future
  10. Big Dave

Big Dave New Member

What the heck...

I've been reading through these posts up to this point and can understand the frustrations we are all facing with this issue. I gotta say I have never heard someone take such forceful ownership of a problem and claim it is such a misuse of an operating system that is causing the hardware to fail. I can honestly say I have been using this phone for years now and when I utilize too much of the system ram it tends to lock up the Q's ability to function in an expected manner - using the task manager regularly to clear out programs that you no longer need running in order to refresh the working ram is a need - annoying to have to do that. The part I can't understand is why anyone would claim that because the working ram is getting used that it will basically destroy the operating system. THAT IS A HARDWARE FAILURE - NOT A FAILURE IN THE WAY YOU USED IT. Regularly restarting the phone to clear working ram should be all that is needed...at the very least using the task manager to kill used apps. Use of working ram in operation should never wipe the operating system. IT HAS TO BE HARDWARE FAILURE DUE TO A BAD CHIPSET. Blame the manufacturer - not the operating system.
  11. cheri

cheri Active Member

Interesting, I wonder why this thread did not come up the first time I searched a couple weeks ago. Worth a try...thank you :)
    http://www.motorola.com/content.jsp?globalObjectId=7193 then, choose software updates and read the info on the page.

I feel quite silly not having done this before DUH! :) Well Both Q's are working fabulously again :-D
  12. fenjen

fenjen New Member

Lol i also thought of that
  13. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

reported...