I had this issue AND FIXED MINE! I had the exact same problem this morning - and what I'm seeing in common in everyone I've found who's experienced this (found quite a few through a google search) is that each person who has seen this happen has turned their Motorola Q off for some period of time and plugged it in to recharge it. I restarted mine at least 30 times within a couple of hours time prior to this and had no issue whatsoever. The last thing I saw before I went to bed was the huge battery icon (animated) saying it was charging (filled the who screen). I woke up this morning, turned it on, briefly saw the bright yellow "Sprint Local" (actually it wasn't brief - it was rather lengthy and I remember wondering what the heck was taking so long?) Then the "Motorola Flash Mode" "Please Connect the USB Cable" screen came on. Pulling the battery did nothing - the screen would simply come back a minute after putting the battery back in. When I did plug in my USB cable that came with the Motorola Q (other end was in my computer) it did nothing but change the words to now say "USB Cable Connected" - big whoop! Now I remember something. A couple of other times with my other 2 Motorola Q's (this one is for my sister-in-law), when I connected it to my computer with the USB cable(s) that came with them, the windows/the computer would fail to even recognize that anything had connected to it. It would draw power to charge from the computer (the icon changed to say it was charging and it made the low tone beep from the phone to confirm it had been plugged into some type of charger) but no connection sound from windows, no action from activesync either. After the many times of having my Q and my wifes' Q not be recognized (and unchecking the "Enable advanced network funcitionality" from the USB to PC selection within settings) I got fed up and decided to try ANYTHING. "Anything" eventually led me to try using an old iDEN Blackberry 7510 usb cable I had sitting on my desk still charging the blackberry I always hated and never used. When I used THAT usb cable, viola! - Windows immediately made the recognition sound for new hardware, displayed the "Found New Hardware/Device" bubble from the system tray, and sure enough seconds later Activesync started doing it's dance. Since I had seen progress before with this cable, I decided to give it a go on this problem. I connected it to my PC while the "Motorola Flash Mode" screen was begging me to connect a USB cable. BANG!!!! Windows recognized it. I luckily had the Motorola update software already open in the back round (was trying to use it to fix the Q when I was still trying to use the USB cable that came with it). I automatically started checking the version of software on my phone. (I had not previously connected this phone to the Motorola update software, it was still on whatever it came with a few days ago). Sure enough it started updating. My PC made hardware disconnect sounds a few times (normal during this software update), restarted once or twice while the Motorola update software waited for it to recover, then kept chugging along. Luckily last night before turning it off, I used Sprite Backup to take an image of the whole thing once I got it perfectly set up for her. I just restored that image as well. My sister-in-law's Q is now 100% restored!