Help Fix My Q, Will Not Boot

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by QuickSilver, Sep 17, 2006.

1. QuickSilver

QuickSilver New Member

Help Fix My Q, Will Not Boot

Greetings and salutation.

I have searched the archives but I did not see a related question.

I bought a Q from Craigslist. I took it to a Verizon store and they were able to activate it for me. Troubel staretd when I tried to sync to my PC at home.

Anyways the PDA will now not turn on and when it does try it will get stuck at Verizon screen.

I called Verizon but they will not help me as I did not buy the phone from them.

I went online to Motorola and the site is asking for proof of ownership.

What do you Gensts reccomend. I am not looking for a handout just a place that will repair this phone.

Yes, I knwo I have commited a grave an mildly expensive error but my assumption (yes I know) was that the Q is new and would be under warranty support even if any issue occured.
  2. hnsimpson

hnsimpson New Member

Have you tried the "take out the battery and wait, then reboot"?

Also, try turning the Q on while you hold down the D-pad center button.

If this doesn't help, reply with a description of what happens when you boot.

-Simpson
  3. QuickSilver

QuickSilver New Member

Thanks for your feedback..

I think now the battery has died and eventhough the phone is plugged into the wall it is not charging anymore.

Prior to that however, I tried your procedure but it was fruitless. It was doing the same thing.
  4. bbQ'n

bbQ'n New Member

I had a similar issue with mine. At the verizon screen, it glitches out on me. i called Verizon and we performed so many things on it and nothing. From Master reboot to charging to waiting a while. I had them overnight me another and Im taken care of. I understand your situation through CL and all but I would suggest calling the Q support number for advice. Call Verizon for this number.
  5. bizzy045

bizzy045 New Member

I was having the same problem, where the Q wouldn't turn on or charge. I took the battery out for exactly 20 min (as per a suggestion from another thread) and put it back in. Suprisingly this did the trick and everything is back to normal. I've only had the Q for 5 days, so I was extremely frustrated at the thought of having to send it back in for a refurbished one. For now that is not the case. What a relief!
  6. skullautopsy

skullautopsy New Member

Thanks

thanks I was going crazy, my phone would just get to the motorolla image upon boot up and freeze.

After holding the d pad center button down and turning it on I performed a master reset and now it works, thanks!

It was my fault it got messed up to begin with, was following some instructions on trying to see youtube on the phone and replaced some window files on the device.

thanks agian.
  7. Digerati27

Digerati27 New Member

Will not boot

i had the exact same problem with my motorola q and my grandfathers motorla q. i tried everything but finally i went to the motorola website and found the reinstall software for the motorola q os. the link is http://direct.motorola.com/hellomot...eless&strPhone=Q&strCable=Mini USB Data Cable follow the instructions on the website to download the os software you will still have to reactivate your phone over the air however your sevice provider has you program your phone.

hope this helps
    TJ
    Rucci@mail2web.com if you have any more questions