Help! Activesync Exchange not in Real-time

Discussion in 'Samsung Saga' started by johnbrain, Mar 30, 2009.

1. johnbrain

johnbrain New Member

Help! Activesync Exchange not in Real-time

So I got the Saga to communicate fine with my wife's company's server. Email Calendar and Contacts came through.

BUT, Activesync does not seem to be running in realtime likeit is supposed to and does on her co-workers Omnia. She only seems to get email when she does a manual send/receive or in activesync does a sync.

Any thoughts?

Almost ready to send her back to BB land but not too into that platform.
  2. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

Under activesync settings did you set the schedule? theres peak times/off peaks times and the option to set what your peak times are....
  3. johnbrain

johnbrain New Member

It's currently set for "As they arrive."

I believe she set the account up through Add email under Messaging. I removed it and initiated setup through Activesync itself. Not sure if that does/will matter, but it's a first step.

Her BB worked fine for email but work did not support calendar syncing on personal phones, so I really want this to work.

Awesome phone otherwise. So light weight compared to my 9C with extended battery. I kind of covet her phone though in truth mine does everything I need.
  4. johnbrain

johnbrain New Member

Odd. Seems to be working now. I set it up. Did a soft reset. Still kind of slow. Then I sent an email FROM the Saga through exchange. I replied from my hotmail and that came through quick. Then I email the phone several emails, sms and mms and all came through.

I wonder what jammed up the pipes so to speak and will there be any consistency.

Does Activesync open upon startup or should my wife run it whenever she restarts her phone?
  5. EQBob

EQBob New Member

If it is on a schedule or set to "as they arrive", it'll do it all by itself. You do not have to initiate anything with ActiveSync.

As far as consistency, remember there's a lot more to it than just Exchange to phone. There's Exchange to corporate LAN, there's corporate LAN to external connection, there's external connection to Verizon network, then Verizon network to your phone. Throw in firewalls, routers, maybe a SAN on your Exchange side, etc and you can certainly see some delays at some times. More than likely, 99.9% of the time, it'll be nothing you can control. Wait it out and let the IT folks resolve the problems and mail and events will flow through.
  6. tman065

tman065 New Member

Activesync starts on its own when you turn the phone on. At least it has for me.

I only shut my phone off once or twice per week. My old carrier advised that they did system updates occasionally that took effect when phones were re-booted. CS rep said to leave it off for a "few minutes".

I just assume that VZW's system does the same thing.

(YMMV)