Headphone Icon on, no headphone plugged

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by Guyver280z, Jun 30, 2008.

1. Guyver280z

Guyver280z New Member

Headphone Icon on, no headphone plugged

Hi there.

Yesterday my phone started to act weird... the wired hands free icon appeared on top of the sreen, like if I had a wired hands free headphone connected... the thing is, I dont even have one, i've never plugged nothing in there.... I alrady tried to connect a plug in there to see if there was something inside making my phone believe something was connected but nothing.

Did a master reset and I lost all my contacts (I had em backed up) but the icon is still up there...

Any ideas what's going on???

The thing is I cant make any calls, i cant hear nothing on my phone and they cant hear me... because the phone thinks theres a hands free diceve attached... but if I switch to speakerphone it works.... Also.. I cant hear music or videos....:angry:

Any ideas??
  2. QnsPrincess

QnsPrincess New Member

Did you try and go into the bluetooh manager and see if there's a way to disconnect the headset that you don't have plugged in or hooked up to it?
    Maybe that would work??
  3. Guyver280z

Guyver280z New Member

Why bluetooth?? The phone thinks theres a Wired headset plugged in, not a bluetooth device... the bluetooth is off, I did a Master Reset...

Is my phone screewed??? :S
  4. QnsPrincess

QnsPrincess New Member

I'm sorry I misread the post.. thought that you were talking about an unwired headset like a bluetooth.

:scratches head: :foot:
  5. NorcrossFlyer

NorcrossFlyer New Member

Does anyone know of a way to fix this? I plugged in a cord to connect my Q to my stereo. Now even when disconnected it still thinks a headset is plugged in.

Anyone? Help!!!!
  6. NorcrossFlyer

NorcrossFlyer New Member

I figured it out. Its a hardware malfunction, of sorts. Something in the headphone jack gets stuck and makes the phone think its still connected to the headphone wire. I shot some compressed air into it and that fixed it.
  7. eng1neer

eng1neer New Member

Im having the same problem but compressed air is not helping me on this one. I wish I know what the headphone sense voltage/gnd was.. as I would disconnect it as I dont use the wired headphones at all..

anyone have access to a service manual from the big M?
  8. norkoastal

norkoastal New Member

Just happened to me as well.. I could only use the speakerphone or bluetooth to talk... I swapped for an insurance phone and now the headphone output sounds different... Did they redesign the jacks at some point??
  9. eng1neer

eng1neer New Member

If U get into the debug command, there is a way to disable the jack. I dont use it anyway.. but there is another thread about how to enable debug with your msl code. That allowed me to get around the problem.
  10. arairkar

arairkar New Member

same problem headset icon on , phone only works on speaker

Can you please post a link to the enable debug and how to do it. I couldn't find it.

Any other solutions to the headset icon problem. I'd like to not keep taking calls on my speakerphone.

11. eng1neer

eng1neer New Member

##debug but you will need your msl code.. I thought this thread was dead.. glad I got the email. U can get our msl from sprint by calling or change a phone in and the q back into your acct...

12. arairkar

arairkar New Member

got msl code : how to disable headset

I got the msl code and could enter debug by dialing ##073887* (which I got through another thread).

How do I disable the wired headset from this point?

Thanks

13. arairkar

arairkar New Member

Still the same problem with wired headset icon on

I haven't yet figured out how to disable the wired headset or get rid of this problem. Its been a year and my phone still thinks it has a wired headset connected to it and thus only works on speaker phone or bluetooth.

Somebody please help.
  14. bmn

bmn New Member

I had the same problem, but I solved it with a paper clip.