Having to constantly reconnect my q

Discussion in 'Windows PC and Moto Q' started by Tony Bag o Donuts, Jan 8, 2008.

1. Having to constantly reconnect my q

Running Vista, all of a sudden the past few days I constantly have to reinstall the device re-establish a connection to get the q to communicate with my pc.
    Its going to a usb hub. This seems to happen after I sync my device with my home pc.
    Both are running vista (different flavors) but this shouldn't be an issue should it?
  2. Geekster

Geekster New Member

Are you carrying your usb cord with you to work and home? What I am trying to find out is; is the cord ALWAYS plugged into the computer/computers you sync with? Are you booting up the computer without the usb phone cord plugged in? When husband leaves and takes laptop and his cord & I boot up this computer without the USB cord connected I always have to do what you are doing to get everything to sync when he gets back. My USB cord is always plugged in on my computer and I don't have that problem.
    (Sorry if this doesn't help you but just going by what I experience)
    Anybody got anything else?
  3. different usb cords. I also plug in the device after the machine is on. I never turn off my work machine.
  4. Geekster

Geekster New Member

Man, Tony. I really have to believe it's Vista. I can plug either phone into the XP machine and the computer will find which ever Q is plugged in. BUT! When I tried to plug my husbands phone into my laptop it wouldn't even TRY to find his (mine is setup on it). Almost have to think 2 Vista's is doing something/writing to the phone? When you plug Q in one it's looking for something it recongnizes from the last time it was plugged in and now it's gone b/c the other Vista "wrote"/pinged/scripted something there instead? I don't know that much about Vista yet & nothing at all about cell phone hardware & software. We haven't had that many Vista boxes come in where I work evenings to kick Vista around too much. Try leaving the USB cable plugged in all the time if you can. Try putting it into the USB direct if you can. Outside of that, I have nothing. Sorry. Hope someone else can chime in here and maybe help you more.
  5. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

simple answer.. vista = pooo
  6. I actually love vista.
    Anyhow. I uninstalled the windows mobile device center update that I put on around the holidays and its working solid now.
  7. Geekster

Geekster New Member

Glad it's working. Update huh? I didn't know about it and now glad I didn't b/c I would be screaming at somebody! later....
  8. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

glad it works again, sounds like that is one update I'm glad I missed