Have you had your WP7 phone freeze up on you yet?

Discussion in 'Windows Phone 7' started by pinoyken, Nov 17, 2010.

1. pinoyken

pinoyken New Member

I was just curious if any of you had had this happen to your phone yet; first time for me was yesterday, I was browsing the marketplace when I clicked the back button and my Focus just locked up on me.
    A similar experience happened when trying to slide the screen down to unlock the phone, it froze on me a little too.
    I was kind of expecting this to happen, maybe not this early, but have had no other problems since then.
  2. A person

A person New Member

I've had marketplace and Zune die on me. it will just say Loading.... for a while and flip back to the start screen. Only a power cycle fixes that.Also, when my phone is sleeping by connected to a bluetooth audio gateway Ihear this clicking sound from the phone. If I disconnect bluetooth it goes away.
  3. pinoyken

pinoyken New Member

Wow, after you mentioned that after opening marketplace and it got stuck on "Loading...", mine also just flipped back to the start screen as well.....weird.
    Looks like some more bugs to be worked out.
  4. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

I've had freezes and then soft-reboots. I haven't had any that required a battery pull.
  5. Randall East

Randall East New Member

I've noticed the flip back to the main screen on several apps. It seems to be random and goes away on its own or after a soft reboot. Only once has it been permanent with the AP application and I had to reinstall the app.
  6. juniour

juniour New Member

Mine froze for a couple of seconds without using WIFI because its probably loading.
  7. jtzako

jtzako New Member

Mine does that fairly often when in Marketplace. I have to end up rebooting the phone.
  8. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

Had another one tonight. Here's the problem with the microSD cards. I'm thinking that mine is working, but then I blame any issue on the microSD. Are the reboots caused my card or by WP7? Honestly, I don't know.
  9. meridian

meridian Member

I have not added an SD card, and I have to manually reboot every couple of days or so.

Fortunately for me, my previous phone was Windows Mobile, so I consider this normal.
  10. Randall East

Randall East New Member

I think all smartphones need rebooted periodically. My Palm Pre was the same way, as was my windows mobile before that. The biggest thing I've noticed is that apps start refusing to run and return to the main menu. My guess is that memory is maxed out and that some of the apps are leaking memory. Just a guess though. I'm sure memory management will improve in future builds. I had this happen before and after adding the SD card.