Has it really been 8 years?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by oneeyed_q, Sep 11, 2009.

1. oneeyed_q

oneeyed_q New Member

2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

thats interesting indeed that this is now part of school curriculum...or going to be

i can still remember being on the top of the Architecture Building at NJIT in Newark watching everything unfold across the river
  3. oneeyed_q

oneeyed_q New Member

I was in my first semester of college, I woke up around 10am and logged onto aim. I saw someones status and went to check the TV, by then everything was history. I can remember my mom calling about leaving work somewhere around 10am, she got home between 6-7 that evening. They had shut down any bus service into DC and Metro was impossible to use. I also heard stories about coworkers who were driving into work who saw the plane that hit the pentagon fly over them. From my old office they said you could see the smoke and fire from the Pentagon. Then in the aftermath for several years driving by the pentagon and seeing the humvees and state police that surrounded it 24/7. You could always tell when the elevated the security level because the humvee would have a gunner standing behind the mounted gun on higher days.
  4. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

i remember working at Applebees in N Dekalb Mall in Atlanta. I laugh now about how rumors get started and that some people kept saying the next target was gonna be the CDC.
  5. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

I remember waking up a bit late and calling my gf because we would be late for our meeting at 9am at the Trade Centers.... then I turned on the tv......
  6. sherri

sherri Active Member

Sometimes, being late pays! Hopefully, you didn't lose anyone near and dear to you. We lost colleagues and friends of Richard's...It was a mess...May their memory be a blessing...
  7. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

My Gf was supposed to wake up early then call me... seems her cat snuggled up to her and made her doze right off. That fat fuzzy bastard ate well for the rest of the year.... saved our lives if you think about it.