Has anyone seen this

Discussion in 'Motorola Q Accessories' started by MattB, Jan 19, 2007.

1. MattB

MattB New Member

2. MattB

MattB New Member

3. cgetman02

cgetman02 New Member

Yeah, I Have One

:smile: I have had one installed on my Q nearly since new. It offers excellent protection and makes the Q not so likely to slip out of a shirt pocket. One weak point is near the USB port the case is very thin and prone to breaking. I have been very careful putting the cover on and taking it off and no breakage so far. The screen protector included is very good also. I don't use it with the included belt holster. I carry in a pocket. The holster is pretty tight on the Q, making removal a little difficult. I think with use it may loosenup a little.

Overall a great case, they should do something about the weak spot at the USB port though. 9 out of 10 I would probably buy one again.

FWIW, Curt
  4. MattB

MattB New Member

Thanks, that was a good mini review. I am really looking at it because of the belt clip. I have the black Q that didnt come with a clip, it came with a pouch that I am not really looking to wear on my belt, and I get a little worried about keeping it in my pocket all the time.
  5. bpaul24

bpaul24 New Member

6. Lythium

Lythium New Member

I have one also. It is a great case for protection. It does add a lot of thickness to the phone though and being rubbery it tends to be difficult putting in and taking out of your pocket.
  7. My-Q

My-Q New Member

I got my Speck in the mail today. I love it. The case does fit tight in the holster and I am hoping it loosens up a bit with use. I am in the Guard so I need a case that will protect my phone. I'm hoping that it won't be too difficult pulling out of the breast pocket of my uniform.

I chose the Speck over an aluminium case.
  8. My-Q

My-Q New Member

You should take notice...the holster that comes with the Speck will tear the case if you are not careful. I'm sending an email to them with my impressions. I'll let you know what they say.
  9. bpaul24

bpaul24 New Member

I love the case, but I am not a holster guy so that is not an issue for me. Also I like the fact that it makes it a little harder to get out of my pocket. My other phone was always falling out and the Q never does with this case.
  10. My-Q

My-Q New Member

Product Alert!!!!

This morning I took the Tough Skin off my Q to inspect it. I found that the Tough Skin had worn some of the rubbery coating off my phone! It's hardly visible, but it is. I have used the Tough Skin for only 5 days. There is no telling how much wear there would be in a longer amount of time.

Needless to day, I'm :angry:. Beware of this accessory for your Motorola Q. Now the fight begins, I have thrown away my receipt for the Tough Skin when I tossed the shipping packaging. I'll let you know the outcome.
  11. bpaul24

bpaul24 New Member

I assume you have the black Q?
  12. My-Q

My-Q New Member

Yes. I did fine my receipts and stuff too.
  13. bpaul24

bpaul24 New Member

Well the case works great for the silver Q, but maybe not for the black.
  14. My-Q

My-Q New Member

I have been told that by another everythingq user. The difference might be because the black has the 'rubbery' coating. I would still be cautious.
  15. GEPTRONIXDJS

GEPTRONIXDJS New Member

16. shaun0207

shaun0207 New Member

Worn Areas

Its not just with this case. I've noticed some signs of wear on the the battery cover (reg & extended) and I have the Moto OEM Case. I think any amoust of constant rubbing will do it.
  17. john1_83

john1_83 New Member

If you need a decent and low price clip for your Black Q go to verizon and have them order you one of the clips for the silver Q. The might piss and moan and try to tell you that the clip doesn't work with the black Q, but they are wrong. I ordered the clip the same day i got the phone and have been using it ever since. I have noticed on other threads that people are saying that the Seido clip has a tendency to tear on the top part of the phone, the OEM clip doesn't do this and it also keeps the screen facing in for protection.