Has anyone gotten youtube to work with Opera Mini Beta 4?

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by murf43143, Oct 30, 2007.

1. murf43143

murf43143 New Member

Has anyone gotten youtube to work with Opera Mini Beta 4?

I did the youtube update as of 10/19/07 using the files FlashVideoBundle1.4.3.cab

TCPMP for Smartphones

and I can only get youtube to work on PIE in m.youtube.com.

And the post claims full youtube access where as I can not get any videos to play in my browser of choice, Opera.

If anyone has any tips or whatnot I would really appreciate it! The Q has been fun the last 2 days I have had it but I want more.
  2. DrQ

DrQ New Member

It is FULL Youtube access just not in the browser of your choice or Media Player of you choice. It's full access with IE and TCPMP with the Flash Cab.

Nobody has written a flash cab for other browsers or media players. If they did it would probably be for Opera Mobile not Mini as the former download and the later doesn't.
  3. alexithemoi

alexithemoi New Member

murf, if it makes you feel better getting Youtube on Opera wouldn't speed up the videos any anyway Ever notice how when say a zip or cab or video or whatever is downloaded from Opera it jumps back to the PIE downloader? Same deal would apply here. Except it would jump to TCPMP. So I mean since besides the pages looking more like their desktop bretheran and loading faster it wouldn't improve anything. Anyways, having to use PIE for Youtube is a bummer but it hopefully won't cut down on the productivity you gain from using Opera otherwise.
  4. murf43143

murf43143 New Member

The thing is, in PIE it shows the video in the browser, and I click on it and it brings up the thing to play a file. But in Opera it just says right where the video would be, you do not have java (which I do since I am running the browser), or you do not have flash installed (which I do since I can watch it in PIE).

So my question is,

Can we go anywhere from here and integrate it with the Opera, since it is just ohh so much better.
  5. DrQ

DrQ New Member

Did you mean to say that when you stream in PIE it plays in TCPMP (that's a Media Player not a browser and that's the way I get it to work.

Are you talking about Opera Mini? If you are a 3rd party flash probably won't work as you are not getting straight HTML web pages from mini. Opera has a server that intercept the web page and translates into a smaller and faster version that mini can display. This being said the opera servers would have to what was accommodating the stream.

If you are talking about Opera Mobile, that is a browser and someone would have to rewrite the flash cab and it would probably still stream to TCPMP so there wouldn't be and difference.

I agree if a future release of Opera Mini was developed to stream videos by way of the server and a program that would be great. Maybe some day.

However that request would be for Opera and their programmers not a 3rd party developer as Mini does not download but default to IE to download.

In just a year with my Q I've seen a lot of progress. Let's hop it continues.
  6. murf43143

murf43143 New Member

Ok that was exactly what I was looking for.

I use the Mini and love it, except for that one aspect of not being able to view flash or pretty much any videos in it.

Thank you!