hard reset the q11?

Discussion in 'Moto Q 11' started by systdow666, Mar 8, 2009.

1. systdow666

systdow666 New Member

hard reset the q11?

does anyone know how to hard reset this phone or translate simplified chinese i have the owners manual in chinese but I can not read it i have tried the e z power on as well as center dpad button power on and the many others i know for various windows mobile phones any help would be great if you can translate the manual pm me your aim or yahoo and let me know which one it is and i will send the manual
  2. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

It's not in the start menu?
    start/system tools/master reset?
  3. systdow666

systdow666 New Member

sorry i should have been more specific i have to remove a password and cant access that menu
  4. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Hmmmm... have not heard of a manual hard reset for the Q11 yet. When you tried the methods you mentioned, did you do it while phone was off?
  5. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

6. systdow666

systdow666 New Member

well the china manual is china mobile not sure which the portuguese is for provider wise maybe the process description may be more clear will reply back with findings page 50 is where it is located sorry for the long paste but my basic understanding is it says the center button on the d pad

P
    ara evitar que outras pessoas usem seu telefone
    , você
    pode definir uma senha e bloqueá-lo:

Na tela inicial, pressione Iniciar > Configurações > Segurança
    >

Bloquear Dispositivo.
    D

ica:
    se desejar que seu telefone bloqueie
    automaticamente quando não estiver em uso, marque
    a caixa de seleção Perguntar se dispositivo não foi usado para e
    escolha o tempo do bloqueio.

Escolha um tipo de senha que seja simples (de
    4 dígitos) ou alfanumérica forte (uma senha difícil de
    adivinhar de pelo menos 7 caracteres, incluindo letras
    maiúsculas e minúsculas, números e pontuação).
    D

ica: escolha uma senha fácil de ser lembrar
    Sem ela, você poderá reconfigurar seu telefone,
    mas perderá as configurações personalizadas e todo o
    conteúdo armazenado na memória do dispositivo.
    Para executar uma reconfiguração rígida, mantenha
    pressionada a tecla seleção centrals por
    5 segundos enquanto desliga o telefone.

Digite sua senha e confirme-a.
    4 Pressione Concluir.

i tried it again to avail it worked thanks for your help im not sure what i did wrong but i know i held the button and it didnt work now it did well time to try out this new beast thanks you for your help
  7. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

I got both chinese and potuguese manual from motorola site. They are both the generic manual and not carrier specific. Good luck and let us know if you find anything. Others could definitely benefit from this info.

You could try google translator...
  8. systdow666

systdow666 New Member

the q11 reset is as follows remove battery for 30 seconds allowing phone to fully turn off insert battery (if phone turns on automatically you didnt wait 30 seconds) after battery is inserted press and hold the center/select button on the d pad its the chrome one in the center while holding down the center press power to see the purple moto boot screen after 5 seconds you will get a black screen with green text asking if you would like to reset the phone i believe the left soft button was yes and the right soft button was no

to ninjaap look on the last page of your china manual you will see china mobile logo www.chinamobileltd.com/ and the portugeuse manual is for anatel judging by page 70 http://www.anatel.gov.br/Portal/exibirPortalInternet.do
  9. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

EXcellent!!! Glad to see you got it up and running. I think the important factor was the phone needed to be fully off.
  10. systdow666

systdow666 New Member

as wierd as it is the phone didnt want to master reset for anything then all of a sudden it came up quite wierd if you ask me not like ing the phone though does this forum have a bst subforum?
  11. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

WTH??? So it looks like the phone was not yours to begin with? hmmmmmm... =/ I helped you get past the password... now you turn around and sell it. How very convenient that you just realized you don't like the phone.
  12. systdow666

systdow666 New Member

the phone was mine from the beginning i got it from r and d moto and a friend messing around locked it obviously he wouldnt have known the code after pressing a random combination of keys im not sure if your aware but the q11 has security code setup on the homescreen not that hard to press a few buttons and end up with it locked i have had the phone for quite some time now prob like a couple months i have had enough time to know i dont care much for it so i havent just realized it so im sorry if you got the wrong impression on my lead post but yes that was kind of the main reason for get around the code is because i no longer wanted the phone and my friend had locked it about a week ago and i went back to my old phone e895 and like it better then i liked the q