Handsfree MIC not sensitive enough

Discussion in 'Samsung Focus' started by gotnoid, Dec 29, 2010.

1. gotnoid

gotnoid New Member

Hi,

I have had the focus for about a month now, love the phone and the WP7 OS. Only one thing that gets on my nerves is the handsfree inline MIC , it does not pick up anything when I talk a little soft or make a 'hmm' sound as in affirmation.

This is a real problem for me as I talk for long durations and hate using the phone without a hands free, resulting in me having to talk loud into the handsfree.

I was using iPhone head phones with inline mic, on a BB pearl without any sensitivity issues, it worked like a charm, picked up even the slightest 'hmm'.

So bottom line is did anyone face the same issue, do you think its HW or SW related, please help me out with resolving this. Sorry if was not able to get the problem through.
  2. cheshirecat

cheshirecat New Member

I have not had any problem, but I have noticed that the mic works better if the Focus is lying flat on a hard surface with the mic hole pointing toward the person speaking. Good luck
  3. TheDFO

TheDFO Member

Are you talking about the speaker phone MIC, or the mic in headset?

Because my speaker phone MIC works just fine (with a Focus, if it wasn't obvious), but I don't know what to say if it is the headset.