Hands Free Headset

Discussion in 'Bluetooth' started by Splash, Jun 2, 2006.

1. Splash

Splash New Member

Hands Free Headset

Has anyone tried the handsfree headset with Bluetooth technology? I'm considering getting one, but don't want to spend the money and then end up hating the thing. I seem to see them everywhere these days, so they must be tolerable at least. Would love to hear from anyone who uses this already?
  2. fab

fab New Member

It's really common these day. I think the user feeling varies as the quality and weight and style of the bluetooth device. You should try it out yourself and it worths the money if you like it. I'm very happy with mine.
  3. motomouth

motomouth New Member

I think that it is almost a necessity these days. I have one and have no complaints. If you are looking for ones for the Q definantly check out ebay as they have all kinds of stuff on there.
  4. hiphopreneur

hiphopreneur New Member

bluetooth

you def have to use bluetooth! i am partial to plantronics, i use a 510 voyager..
  5. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

I haven't checked out the Voyager yet. Right now, I'm using the Jabra JX10. Sound quality is great, but the ear hook is a bit "dainty". Never thought I'd ever use the word dainty.:p Sony Ericsson's HBH-660/662 is also a great headset, but I've passed that along to my wife. It comes with a strap, which I think is great. The JX10 includes a dock -- which is also a nice feature. As soon as I get home, I drop it in the dock. With the Sony, there would be times I grabbed my headset only to later realize that it's dead.

-Chris
  6. skyler

skyler New Member

i cant agree more with everyone else: bluetooth definetely rocks. it has gotten a lot better over the last couple of years. There is even a Bluetooth Stereo Headphones. A bit pricey but I know someone who has them and they sound great!! I'm saving up as we speak to get my own pair... =o)
  7. vzwchick

vzwchick New Member

yea those stereo bluetooth headsets are pretty nice.. they had some new released accessories @ work just last week and those are pretty nice..
  8. EdW

EdW New Member

BT Headset

I use the Motorola bt850hs. I haven't had any problems with it at all It is sold at Verizon for $100
  9. denverQ

denverQ New Member

Problems w. bluetooth headsets

i tried the top of the line MOTO bluetooth headset (sold at VZW for $99.99). It had a HUGE echo, not on my end but people talking to me heard themselves repeated a half a second later. I then tried a logitech at the store that the sales rep said are never returned and it was cheaper. still no luck echo'd right back. Is this a network or phone problem? are their adjustments that can me made to tune this things in better?

i settled on the wired version for now, which is great stereo when you want to listen to songs from your Q, they were cheap ($15) and are a good back up.

Any suggestions? my friend says his Jabra works great on his Blackberry and I never hear an echo.
  10. sbagdan

sbagdan New Member

I have tried all of them, and LOVE the Jabra 500. It is comfortable, easy to use, and lasts all day (and I USE IT all day!)

I have tried the Motorola's and just haven't found one that compares to the Jabra.
  11. 9qphone

9qphone New Member

H700 Motorola

I have the H700 Motorola and it has worked beautifully for me. It charges with the same adapter as my Q. I keep one charger in the car and always hook it up to charge when I am driving. It's always ready to go.

My only problem is keeping up with it when on the go...it is a little thing to keep up with! I left one in my pocket last year and washed it:wacko:...needless to say, I had to buy a new one!
  12. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

That's a big plus. I've been using the Jabra JX10. I think what I like most about it is the dock/cradle that it comes with. With other headsets, I often forget to plug them in. With the JX10, it's easy enough to just drop it in it's cradle next to my Mac.

-Chris
  13. abfab

abfab New Member

BT Headset Question

Hi everyone,

I am so glad I found this site.

My question is this: I have a Moto HS850 headset. When I put the phone in it's case, I Lock the keyboard, but if I try to make a call with the BT headset, I can not seem to make a connection..anybody else notice this?

Thanks

Fab
  14. CodeGuy

CodeGuy New Member

I have used the Moto HS810 ( I think. The Star Trek badge looking one), the H700, Jabra JX10, Jabra BT800, BlueSpoon AX2, and Logitech Mobile Traveller. The -best-, bar none, hands down BT headset I have used to date is the new Nokia BH-900. It uses a unique clip that kind of slids over the ear. Very comfortable and very secure. It has a retractable boom mic that can be extended when the caller is having trouble hearing you, and retracted the rest of the time. You can also slide the boom open to accept a call, and slide it closed to disconnect. The headset gets 8+ hours TALK time from a single charge, and... the quality is better than anything else I have heard. I can't even think of a single time I have heard as much as a crackle over this headset. Simply excellent.
    Grego
  15. CodeGuy

CodeGuy New Member

Chris --

If you look at your JX10, the little rubber ring on the headset slides off the speaker bit pretty easily. Take this off, removed the hook, and go to Best Buy. Get yourself a 3 pack of the Jabra Eargels (the ones that look like an ear mold). Slips right on the JX10, and provides a rock solid fit. You will pretty much forget it is there at all. Also greatly improves volume on the headset.
    Grego
  16. hnsimpson

hnsimpson New Member

I have the Plantronics Voyager 500 and I like it fine. Bluetooth isn't as clean as a wired connection, but it sure makes it easy to get work done while you are on the phone.

-Simpson
  17. hiphopreneur

hiphopreneur New Member

i have a plantronics 510 and it works great.
  18. Priaptor

Priaptor New Member

I have both the Toshiba and the new Motorola and the latter is great and former sucks. I am suprised and just how good the Motorola sounds. The problem I had was with my first Q; any bluetooth attacment caused it to crash. I haven't tried it with my replacment yet. But the sound was very good.
  19. pauljcote

pauljcote New Member

Stereo Bluetooth Motorola HT820

Because I have XM radio on my Q and don't want to disturb others, I was thinking of using the bluetooth headphone and also for bluetooth phone calls. Has anyone tried the HT820? It sells for 60 with shipping on Ebay.
  20. hiphopreneur

hiphopreneur New Member

i listen to xm with my plantronics 510. it might not be stereo but i can listen without disturbing others and not missing any calls. :thumbup: