HandiTV

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by rick, Feb 14, 2007.

1. mcaram16

mcaram16 New Member

What is handi tv?

I see the option for it, but what is it?? Well i guess what i'm really asking is do i need to add some kind of feature to make this program work? Or is the unlimited data plan good enough?
  2. panflute

panflute New Member

I need some help from someone running HandiTVPLUS for smartphone (I have a Dash 3G running WM 6.5). There is a file in /program Files/HantiTVPLUS called HANDITV.frt. This file contains whatever stations you placed into your FAVORITES list (by pressing your left soft key). HandiTV has a known problem with Dash phones and probably others when it does not detect a fast enough network speed, the built-in channels list comes up blank. It used to work fine, for whatever reason it stopped working and I have no channels listed EXCEPT a couple I added to my favorties list, which always comes up no matter what your connection speed is. So, if you are running HandiTV I would suggest you place your most often used stations into your favorties list JUST IN CASE yours decides to stop working also. This problem is listed in the E_Mobile support forums but their fix of adjusting Windows Media network settings did not work. I am thinking maybe my WIFI router has a problem and I have reset everything including the phone and so far can't fix it. If anyone has the time, please place at least the news TV stations into the favorties list and post the file (HandiTV.frt) here so I can get the stations back, or please send me a private message. THANKS
    panflute

PS Having just the list of stations does not help since it is next to impossible to actually find those windows media player links on the net.