Hacks and Tricks

Discussion in 'Samsung Focus' started by lucasryan, Mar 25, 2011.

1. lucasryan

lucasryan New Member

Hello forum, just wanted to check out this forum and see what all is going on over here. I have plenty of hacks and tricks to do to the focus, the ones i have are,Tethering, unlocking device, all diff kinds of registry edits from changing the home screen background colors to changing the tile colors yo whatever color you would like to have, ringtones and installer, diagnosis codes to get to the root menu to change diff setting like increasing the volume and making the signal stronger for better reception, instant resuming, registry edit to keep phone from relocking once you have it unlocked, how to sideload apps and a bunch more, to many to list for now. If anyone has read about any hacks that they want to know more about or any of the ones i have listed just let me know and i will be glad to help anyone out.
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

Why not post how to do them?
  3. DarthTedd

DarthTedd New Member

Yes please!! :D
  4. lucasryan

lucasryan New Member

What do you want to know? I havent had much time to start posting everything yet but i will get started in a couple days with what i know. Im sure most ppl already know the things that i do, i just figured i would share a few things.
  5. lucasryan

lucasryan New Member

Dial ##634# In the diagnostics mode that opens up enter *#7284# in the phone dialer. Switch to "Modem, Tethered Call" and wait for the phone to restart. Connect the phone to your PC via USB and wait for the drivers to install. Go to the settings for the Samsung modem. In Windows 7, this is found in Control Panel > Network and Sharing Center. Set the number to *99***1#, user name to WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM and password to CINGULAR1, and connect. Remember if you want to connect back to zune you have to go back into the diagnosis app and switch back to zune.
  6. lucasryan

lucasryan New Member

Here is a registry hack for the computer that allows it to see and recognize the wp7 as a mass storage and lets you add media without running Zune. Thanks to WPCentral for the instructions wp7usb0.png
    The instructions are as follows:
    Open the registry editor on your PC by typing regedit in your Start menu
    go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB; search forZuneDriver
    now you will modify three entries (note, if you have multiple WP7 phones, you have to do it for each one)
    Change ShowInShell from 0 to 1
    Change PortableDeviceNameSpaceExcludeFromShell from 1 to 0
    Change EnableLegacySupport from 0 to 1
    device, and folders for music, video and images should now show up in explorer, and to enable modifying the files the Zune desktop software simply needs to be closed.
    Other files can also be placed there, but will not be accessible on the device, allowing the use at least of the smartphone as a USB drive.
    PhillyX likes this.