Hack plea: Change microphone source for profile

Discussion in 'Moto Q Hacks' started by Revelator, Jul 2, 2007.

1. Revelator

Revelator New Member

Hack plea: Change microphone source for profile

I would like the Headset profile to use the built-in microphone on the Q, instead of the one that may or may not be part of the headset. Does anyone have any idea if this hack can be done?
  2. FourTwenSesh

FourTwenSesh Active Member

I think you and I have discussed this before, I think you might want to look at the other side of this equation, which would be to activate the headphone jack in Normal profile. Other than that, hopefully someone can find you a hack for this, I would also use this hack if found.
  3. Revelator

Revelator New Member

I don't think that would be ideal.

I would want the phone to function "Normal"ly in Normal mode.. ie. sound coming out of the earpiece speaker.

4. FourTwenSesh

FourTwenSesh Active Member

K, that's the last I'll post on this, sorry I wasted your time again.:angry:
  5. sgh5

sgh5 New Member

Has anyone figured this out?
  6. KillerQ

KillerQ New Member

Hey all,

I am in this situation as well. If I get a $10 2.5mm jack to 3.5mm adapter, then I could use any set of quality earphones that I want, and when a call comes in, I could simply talk knowing that the Q will use the internal mic (since there won't be one on the headphones).

Anyone figure this out yet? It would be wonderful! I wonder if it's as simple as finding where in the software that the Q tells the phone to use the external mic as opposed to the built in mic - and changing that.,.. hhmmm

Thanks,

Matt!
  7. jasoraso

jasoraso Member

Some 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapters also include a microphone. This might be a solution to the problem.
  8. KillerQ

KillerQ New Member

J,

yea, i saw those. I just don't know how well the mic would pic up down near my waist...

Thanks,

Matt
  9. xgrewellx

xgrewellx New Member

My thought is this: if a call comes in just unplug the headphone jack. Use the phone. Other than that I think this hack would be awesome.