Grand Theft Auto IV (v.2)

Discussion in 'Q Home Screens and Wallpapers' started by Tenchistyle, Jun 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tenchistyle

Tenchistyle New Member

LOL!! Kogama is just nice to me because I made him a homescreen. Wouldn't have had to if he just used the template I provided. Just kidding.

docmac129, I've noted your pointers, and given my education background, this snip/bold responses can go on forever, so I'll just leave it at, I see your point.

Even if I did create this template from scratch, which I had after seeing it online, I would've still offered it up, just because it would help people to be creative for themselves. Sure they would've used my template as a crutch for awhile, but after that I believe they would've ventured out and tried it on their own. I started the same way. I'm sure this doesn't come as a surprise to anyone, but I'm quite familiar with photoshop, but I don't have the interest to make Themes for anyone other than myself. I seriously thought I was helping them out, which is why I had no problem crediting my source, read the posts, I never tried to claim it as my own. Anyways, I'm gonna be offline for awhile. Do what you must. Flame on! :angry:
  2. Tenchistyle

Tenchistyle New Member

I didn't use the registry. Just overwrite in the image in the Windows directory. Hate to leave ya hanging, but I'll probably be offline for the rest of the night. Getting late in my neck of the woods.
  3. kaylabeers

kaylabeers New Member

*Re-creates the template for my own personal use* Not that big of a deal.. :)
  4. docmac129

docmac129 New Member

No One is flaming u! As far as my thoughts on this, it was done & over as soon as u stated that u wouldn't provide carbon copy templates of Eko's work. And its too bad that u won't be making some original HS's, cuz it is obvious that u do possess the skills to be a great HS designer. I also applaud your efforts to help people that don't possess these skills. I would do the same for u, if it was your HS's that were being copied without your knowledge or permission.
  5. docmac129

docmac129 New Member

If it was strictly for his own personal use, it wouldn't be that big of a deal. It reaches another level when u start providing it to others against the permission of the creator. I wouldn't duplicate your screens with a template and start cranking out HS, Kayla. And I don't think u should either or would either for that matter. I know u pattern alot of your screens after GoldenY, but I havent seen u handing out templates for his screens. I guess Im old school (DA, Eko, Golden Y, etc) where there is an unspoken "code" if u will, NOT to copy their creations. Isn't it better to use your imagination and come up with the best NEW screen. These aforementioned do it all the time. We should all strive to be like them, NOT a copy of them.
    ....>steps down off podium.
  6. kaylabeers

kaylabeers New Member

Not being disrespectful.. Just saying you didn't need to hijack his thread and call him out. A PM asking him to remove it (just like I ask in my thread when I use part of a home screen), is enough, and more mature to do.
  7. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

okay folks... everyone made his/her point, now let's move on..
  8. kaylabeers

kaylabeers New Member

=) .. Let's do just that.
  9. Tenchistyle

Tenchistyle New Member

Yeah, I did think it was a bit odd that the comments were associated with the re-vamped theme, when the icons (the only visually unique element from Eko) had already been removed. Don't get me wrong, the icons are great, but I only really wanted to re-create this layout because I liked the cinematic, wide-open image space. Everything else is pretty generic.

[​IMG]
    (Before)

[​IMG]
    (After)

If I would've realized that the icons would eventually clutter my images, I would've left them off from the beginning and saved myself a lot of extra work. Haha. Anyways, I'm glad everyone is on the same page now. Maybe some of you other HS designers would consider offering templates of some simple styles, so that the greater community could try it out and have fun with them. Think about the time you'll save filling requests! Besides, selling or accepting donations from re-creations of works using copyright/trademark material (i.e. official sports logos, movies, t.v. images, games) would validate a claim of infringement of the rights to such owners. Much worse than template sharing, with good intentions. :wink: Obviously, it's too petty to generate legal concern, but since I work for an Intellectual Property law firm, I thought I'd throw that out there.
  10. crazykay

crazykay New Member

ok please guys just stop! please!
  11. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

what she ^^ said....
  12. crazykay

crazykay New Member

nobody is tryin to make anyone mad and if we tick off some of the great HS designers (eko, docmac, der alta, prosper, goldeny, etc) then they will all stop helping people out period! they all do this out of the kindness of their heart (paid or not). lets not make it get to the point where EQ is nothing but a QandA forum. there is much more than that on this site as of now and we need to keep it that way.. thank you
  13. kaylabeers

kaylabeers New Member

Why don't one of you 2 mods just close the thread and let him remake it, because all thats gonna happen is people are still gonna be quoting posts, and posting their opinion on it because they see the rest of the "argument".
  14. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

consider it done.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.