Grand Theft Auto IV (v.2)

Discussion in 'Q Home Screens and Wallpapers' started by Tenchistyle, Jun 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tenchistyle

Tenchistyle New Member

Grand Theft Auto IV (v.2)

I changed the style a bit to give the images more screen space. The original layout and coding was "inspired" by EkoPapers.com. Thanks!

http://www.lollicupwaterford.com/Q/gtav2.zip

P.S. Apparently some versions of WinZip disable the nested subfolder, so all of the images in the downloaded .zip file need to be placed in a folder titled "eb" and then moved to the Q and placed in the "Home" directory along with the gtav2.xml files and other default screens.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. Tenchistyle

Tenchistyle New Member

Missed call screen wouldn't fit in the same post.

[​IMG]

(Random: Best screen on my phone!)
    [​IMG]
  3. kogama

kogama Active Member

do you know how to make incoming and outgoing call screens???

also is that last screen you number dialing screen?? you got some pretty crazy things i gotta give that to you
  4. docmac129

docmac129 New Member

Tenchistyle: While these are some great screens that u r producing, & many members are no doubt, very happy with the requests that u r filling, I as well as Eko, would appreciate it if u didn't share the psd files that correspond to her hard work. She has been recently made aware of your psd "template" sharing and has stated that u do NOT have her permission to do so. While its one thing to "borrow" HS coding, to make a HS for yourself or others, its another to duplicate another designers hard work and freely share it. You've only started to make HS's, so u might Not know, but there is an unspoken code of honor, NOT to duplicate one's style or particular HS verbatim. While both Eko, & I give u props for mentioning her for her coding & layout, She requests u to stop providing her templates.
    Thank you, & hopefully we will see some original HS styles coming from u in the near future.:smile:
  5. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

thank you for bringing this to our attention

the download link has been removed from the initial post

@Tenchistyle
    please feel free to repost the xml and jpgs without Ekos templates
    thanks
  6. docmac129

docmac129 New Member

n99: U might want to pull the templates from these threads:
    http://www.everythingq.com/forum/q-...n-hermes-edition-themes-23337.html#post199810
    and also the Halo3 thread:
    http://www.everythingq.com/forum/q-home-screens-and-wallpapers/halo-3-theme-23477.html#post202205

Eko, Im sure will be checking in very soon to weigh in on this matter. She has been very busy with moving and normal life that she has not had the time to check the forums, but she hopes to be back soon.:smile:
  7. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

thanks docmac, and Scott.

potQ9c
  8. n99hockey

thanks docmac129

i checked out the threads and left the homescreen zip files as they didnt include any template files

but i removed the links to 'templates.zip' and any quoted posts to it
  9. Tenchistyle

Tenchistyle New Member

WOW!! I definitely see your point, and obviously won't post templates anymore, but I really didn't think template sharing was as bad as this thread is making it out to be. I mean seriously, no one is selling this stuff, no one is really offerring to make themes for anyone else, so I figured the next best thing to do would be to create a template and let people have fun with it just like we do. I obviously recreated the template from scratch in Photoshop and then offerred it up so that people wouldn't ask me to make themes for them. I thought I was promoting the cause, not dishonoring the system. Lol. Seriously!

If I had asked someone to make me a GTAIV theme, do you really think people would be jumping on to make me happy, or even use the images I wanted displayed? That was really the underlying thought of the template. If it makes anyone feel better, I didn't plan on creating any other layouts, my mission was to find the one I liked best and input my own graphics. I've made a bunch of personal themes using the same layout, and I give Eko a lot of credit for coding and setting it up. Although, at this point the only graphical aspects that remain the same are the upper/lower frames and arrows. In closing, everyone's creations are safe, and my apologies are offered up to the community.
  10. kogama

kogama Active Member

in other words technistyle meant no harm and is apologizing..also he is one of the people thats actually nice enough to waste and take time out of his day to help others...

and as i asked before

do you know how to change or make and use incoming/outgoing call screens
  11. Tenchistyle

Tenchistyle New Member

Just so that we're on the same page, the link for this homescreen theme was pulled eventhough no templates were attached?
  12. n99hockey

i was not sure so i pulled it...i thought that was what was being referred to at the time
    feel free to reload the homescreen link
  13. Tenchistyle

Tenchistyle New Member

Depends on your phone, but look for a .png file, within the Windows directory, similar to the Verizon version (VZW_Calling.png), then create a 320x186 image, save it, move it over to the Q, then use Resco or Total Commander to overwrite the original image file. Be sure to save a back-up of the original image file. Ya never know!
  14. docmac129

docmac129 New Member

Actually, Eko does receive donations for doing these HS's, and people did pay to get these type of screens.

There are multiple HS designers that are answering requests on a daily basis. Unfortunately, some do slip thru w/o being made.

In fact, that is what most, if not all, HS designers here strive for. There are many requests that are fulfilled here using member supplied images.

Thank you for your apology and I am sure that Eko will be happy that her hard work will NOT be taken away.:smile:
  15. kogama

kogama Active Member

wuddya mean u never know!! sigh........after i make this image where do i go in the registry......
  16. n99hockey

what are you his agent?
  17. docmac129

docmac129 New Member

Agent86. U crack me up n99!!:laugh2:
  18. Tenchistyle

Tenchistyle New Member

Alright. Re-posted the link. I think this thread is my Q to retire and stick to personal modding. :wink:
  19. kaylabeers

kaylabeers New Member

Well, coming from someone that has put in work on this site, I shake my head on this topic. :foot:
  20. kogama

kogama Active Member

nooooooooooo im not his agent ...you guys are mean............................and i thought i was a bully
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.