gpsVP

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by Lucky13MN, Feb 15, 2008.

1. Richie Rich

Richie Rich New Member

I played with this software for a while, and found it clunky, and not compatible with the internal GPS on my HTC Ozone. I've played with a couple others, and (so far) like GPSed (free version available at Handango). Nice web interface for uploading routes.
  2. teddyearp

teddyearp Member

For gpsvp to grab your fix on the Ozone, you need to run Navizon first, then figure out which input setting is right, then configure the ouput settings on Navizon to a certain com port. Then set that for the input port in gpsvp and you would be set.

My main interest with gpsvp was the ability to have saved map tiles on my storage card so I could navigate in areas where I don't have cell service. Otherwise Bing, Google maps, or amAze works just fine where you do have cell service.
  3. rlridgeway

rlridgeway New Member

I have downloaded the 24k equivalent maps of WV from gpsfiledepot. So far, the maps seem to work fine. One minor issue: The labels for the contour lines stay in metric rather than English although I have selected the settings option in the Setup tab for Imperial. I had installed the same maps in a Garmin unit and the contour lines could be set to English successfully.
    Any ideas on how to get contour lines to read in English on my Smartphone?.
  4. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

hmmm..i would of thought that was part of the map! is it the same on a pc? if you email it to me i'll check it out.
  5. rlridgeway

rlridgeway New Member

It is the same on a PC and I have emailed you a screenshot.
  6. rlridgeway

rlridgeway New Member

Recording and saving tracks procedure?

What are the steps for recording and saving a track?
  7. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

yeah...disregard my reply email! its the same problem with why gpsVP only shows meters for the altitude when looking at your monitors...never did like that.
  8. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

tracks are same as other functions....set track folder >> select write track >> select show track if wanted! the tracks are then saved to the folder you picked and can be downloaded to a pc and viewed on any map....may need to be converted quick and easy through gpsbabel!
  9. rlridgeway

rlridgeway New Member

I think I answered some of my own question by finding the folder where they are stored and reading some on the gps VP website.
  10. rlridgeway

rlridgeway New Member

When does the track stop being saved? When "Start new track" is selected. Will the track automatically save if the gps VP program is exited or the Jack is shutdown?
  11. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

experiment......
  12. rlridgeway

rlridgeway New Member

Experiment, you say! Well I have been for about 8 months now.

Another question: Is there a way for individual tracks have their own color? At least in my VPGPS , all the tracks are the same color,