GPS on the Saga

Discussion in 'Samsung Saga' started by phkc070408, May 4, 2010.

1. phkc070408

phkc070408 New Member

GPS on the Saga

Has anyone figured out how to unlock the GPS on the Saga to use with Google Maps?

TY - PRH
  2. manbat

manbat Active Member

Do the newest update...it's unlocked. Just go to settings and allow to be located...My Saga is not active right now and I'm mobile so I don't remember the exact path way. If you don't have the newest update I have a link posted to it in the Saga threads.
  3. phkc070408

phkc070408 New Member

Ok, well I can't get Google Maps to acquire a sattalite. It keeps getting stuck on 0 satilites found. Any advice about this? What ports should I have set for the Program Port and the Hardware Port? How about the Baud Rate? Also, in the Access Tab, should the Manage GPS automatically box be checked?
  4. manbat

manbat Active Member

OK....I just fired up my un-activated Saga. I'll be using WiFi for data. I have mine set to "Managed by Windows" (on Google and Bing) Had to go outside to get a Satellite lock....Just locked on 7 satellites. I'm in D/FW. I do have HTC Quick GPS on the Saga. The port/patch for Saga is at XDA-Developers and PPC Geeks just do a Google search for "Quick GPS cab" and you will find several links. It increase my lock on time greatly!!
  5. manbat

manbat Active Member

Forgot one thing...You have to go to Settings/Phone/Services/GPS(Click<Change Settings)/and check "Location On". Also I believe that GPS only works in CDMA, not in GSM with SIM card.