GPS on focus

Discussion in 'Samsung Focus' started by Con Chuot, Nov 20, 2010.

1. Con Chuot

Con Chuot New Member

Hi,
    I currently has a Samsung Captivate, Android 2.1 OS. The GPS is really bad on this model. Samsung is too slow for a software fix for GPS locking issue. I do not like Android OS much. My friend show me his Focus and I like Window phone 7 OS. I want to buy a Focus but just want to make sure that there is no issue with GPS locking on the Focus before I switch.

Thanks,
  2. WP7map.com

WP7map.com New Member

The GPS on the Samsung Focus is nearly perfect. I took some pictures with the GPS enabled and the location of the photos are pretty much spot on. The HTC Surround is also spot on.

Also, the GPS updates very quickly. For example I tried turning on the phone, taking a quick picture, and checking its location and it was right on spot.

Here is an example of a picture I took a few days ago while at the San Diego Zoo Wild Animal Park.

http://www.wphone.co/samsungfocuspic/?r=i&z=1290235510&o=c&dms=y&pp=

If you switch to satellite view then zoom in. The spot I took the photo at was on the balcony slightly to the left of the icon in the photo.
  3. Con Chuot

Con Chuot New Member

Thanks! "WP7map". Love your pictures! Just bought my Focus today. Love it! Much better than Samsung Captivate running Android. I like Window phone 7 OS. It is better than Android for mail and facebook and appoinment notification. Like XBOX live and games on Focus
  4. Coty

Coty New Member

The GPS on my focus is much better than they one on my iphone 3gs. I don't know about other peoples 3gs' but mine was not good at all at locking in coords... I haven't played with GPS on focus alot but when I have it was VERY fast to lockin...