GPS Faq

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by stine, Nov 29, 2007.

1. stine

stine New Member

GPS Faq

Is there some sort of GPS faq? I am unsure how to get google maps or anything to work with the GPS. Do I need to download google maps, or do I just go to maps.google.com?

Thank you.
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

google maps is a program that you need to download and install

www.google.com/gmm
  3. BIGD

BIGD New Member

Do what N99Hockey suggested and then press right soft menu key , mark USE GPS , then my location and it will find u on the map
  4. Dr.Snyder

Dr.Snyder New Member

What's up Big-D? i have a few questions for you. first off, thx for the hard work and time you put into your "apps" page. that is truly a selfless thing to do and at least "i" appreciate it. so thx....

on to my questions: so i currently own the q and am expecting my 9cq in the mail today. i've looked at your list of apps and must say i don't even know what some of their functions are? i guess i'll need to go play with them a bit and search those i cannot figure out.

as for the officewm6? does it not come with the q9c?

and one of the most important concerns/question of all:
    did you find that the more programs and stuff you install on your phone, performance is sacrificed? not just from the lack of storage, but in overall functionality?

the reason i'm asking is that i'd like to put some things on my new q, but am so damn paranoid to do so, due to the fact that i hardly did ANYTHING on my regular q outside of install google maps, and that thing seemed to slow down with each passing day.

lastly, is there a text program that threads??
  5. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

check this out.
  6. Dr.Snyder

Dr.Snyder New Member

any "freeness" programs????...while threaded text messaging would be cool, it's not cool enough an option to give up my washingtons for.

thx though for the quick reply!!
  7. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

no no free ones
    this is the only program that works with the Q
  8. BIGD

BIGD New Member

it doesn't come with office 6 but it comes with docs to go . pretty much same thing . there is no problems with performance the only thing u gotta remember is to kill tasks after some time . most of those apps are for regular Q cuz i got my Q9c just few days ago ;) so enjoy your new Q9c
  9. stine

stine New Member

Is there anything to use with GPS if you do not have internet access. For example out in the woods in remote area's?