Got Skyfire, HULU will not run???

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by bouch48, Feb 25, 2009.

1. Kruser411

Kruser411 New Member

10.0.11783 im not able to hilight it onedog were u able to figure out how to change it?
  2. onedog31

onedog31 New Member

Haven't had a chance to try yet. Going to check it out this afternoon or tonight though. Will keep you posted. Please do the same for me if you beat me to the answer! Thanks.
  3. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

I'll also check with the skyfire staff when I get home from work for you
  4. Kruser411

Kruser411 New Member

I found a skyfire forum online with people having the same problem basically what they did was delete their preferences file for skyfire normally located in the application data/skyfire folder and then turned their phone on and off and rebooted skyfire. This supposedly forced the skyfire app to reconnect to the correct server. Evidently 10.100+anything is the UK server farm and 10.100 is the correct US one. For some people this corrected all their problems but for me my server nbr is now 10.100.120.116 and I am still getting the same error message. But try it out Onedog maybe it'll fix everything for you, and let me know if u find out anything else Paco.
  5. gnath9

gnath9 New Member

mine was 10.100.120.149
    and will not play flash also ...
    I tried above and it did not work for me. I did get a new server I.D. 10.100.120.207
    I have my phone set up to master reset at any time so... if we dont find a fix soon I'm gonna try that route and post the results.
  6. onedog31

onedog31 New Member

I deleted the Prefs file and it did change to the US server, but did not allow me to stream video.

One other note; On my wife's phone (which is the same version as mine) I was able to watch hulu video on skyfire version 8 before. I tried it just now and it gives the same error message as mine. I wonder if hulu has changed something on there end that is causing this.
  7. gnath9

gnath9 New Member

I agree ..... but just for fun --- a Master Reset is in progress :tounge:

Results:
    now I have 10.100.120.102
    same results folks... :embarassed: ... I also installed on device this time since I have a clean slate..
  8. Kruser411

Kruser411 New Member

correction to my previous message... 10.110+*nything is the UK server and 10.100+anything is the US server
  9. Kruser411

Kruser411 New Member

Oh I forgot to mention that the other solution people found to their problem was to revert back to the 8.5 beta version... so if u can find a download for the older version u might be in luck as far as being able to watch hulu... that being said I did write to the skyfire staff and ask them about the question... when they ansr I will post their response
  10. onedog31

onedog31 New Member

I just tried hulu this morning and it now works for me when I have the prefs file deleted and I am connected to the US server (10.100.). As soon as I log in to skyfire though it goes to the UK server (10.110) and will not work. Still don't know why it will connect me to a different server when I log in though.

Oh well, it is a simple step to delete the file in order to watch. Yay! :D
  11. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

something about your user account is set up to go to the UK farm for some reason. the skyfire types haven't quite woken up yet, but I'll try to put a bug in their ear when they do
  12. gnath9

gnath9 New Member

Hulu seems to be working for me this am. Just wanted to let you all know. :tounge: I am a happy camper now !!!
  13. Kruser411

Kruser411 New Member

Mine worked this morning as well. but I did not delete anything again. im just not goingg to touch anything as long as it works! I find that the speed hack on this site really helps everything to run smoothly as well.