got my q9c today and......

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by Dr.Snyder, Nov 30, 2007.

1. Dr.Snyder

Dr.Snyder New Member

got my q9c today and......

i have to tell you first off, this thing is a haas! it's heavy and bulky. i have yet to activate it as i'm still waiting to move my contacts over from my old q(which is proving to be a pain in my butt.)

but thus far, changing from menu to menu seems no faster than my old q. the keyboard has a real cheap plastic feel to it, and i'm not overly convinced that it's all that much easier to type on. but of course i have big hands, so possibly i'm stuck with that problem.

the camera somehow is a definite upgrade even though it stays a 1.3 megapixel cam. the photos are much sharper than the previous q.

the speaker phone is not as loud, but i can live with that.

in short, having not messed with it much, i'm not as "stoked" as i thought i'd be. i'm going to HAVE to get the regular battery and backing asap.

a few questions: what is this wi-fi setting it has and the internet sharing options? will PDAnet still work with this model? anyone know?

happy friday to you all!
  2. BIGD

BIGD New Member

ENJOY UR Q AND DONT FORGET TO CHECK HANDANGO .COM FOR FREE APPS TODAY .
  3. Breeze Loo

Breeze Loo New Member

hey big-d, i think there's something wrong with your 'freeappsfriday' link on your apps page. it just takes me back to your page.
  4. BIGD

BIGD New Member

Ill fix it in a min :)
  5. BIGD

BIGD New Member

its done . free apps link on my page is fixed .
  6. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

Looks like today's app is a blackberry app.
  7. BIGD

BIGD New Member

haven't checked yet
  8. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

Not shooting you down or anything, just passing along the info.

I've been following the Free App Friday thing for a good month and a half now, and the only thing I've downloaded so far is Mundu IM (which I may not even need now with the OZ client on the Q9c) the first week. I think the only other WM app offered since I've been checking has been Agendus, which most ppl seem to say stinks (I use Papyrus myself). Still, I guess you can't complain, since they are offering these apps for free. Hopefully, there will be more WM apps for us to use in the future.
  9. BryanT

BryanT New Member

Use the bluetooth to send your old contacts over. It should take about 60 seconds to upload. Did you want the keyboard to be made out of metal so its heavier? You need to use the keyboard more before concluding it is cheap and plastic. I think it has one of the best feels out there for a keyboard. As for the bulk, compared to the Q, it is bigger, but compare it with anything else with a 3 day battery life and its very competitive.

10. Dr.Snyder

Dr.Snyder New Member

i hear ya bryant, but i'd argue your "3 day battery life." one might be able to get 3 days out of it if they leave it in stand-by. mine only lasted one day with normal use.
  11. BryanT

BryanT New Member

Sorry to hear, I'm getting 3 days with normal use on my Q9C (standard large batt). I might try exchanging your battery. My old Moto Q used to get a full day, sometimes slightly more with normal use and that was with the standard thin battery.