Got Dust? - Taking apart the Q9c

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by AnonPosterQ9c, Mar 25, 2008.

1. empakt

empakt New Member

A+

Having an original Q, I knew the tricks to clean the screen. But this one with the camera's tricky slide cover caused me issues. Great work. I am pretty sure the dust comes from the scroll wheel. I don't even use it, just causes me anger.
  2. darkdomino

darkdomino New Member

I need to get up the courage to disassemble my Q ... I've got some dust in the lower left corner of the screen and it's really setting off my OCD, not being able to clean it.
  3. empakt

empakt New Member

Get the dust out of your Pu**y and do it, it's well defined here :angry:
  4. jkabaseball

jkabaseball New Member

Nice write up! Finally got that dust off of my screen. Getting the screen connector back on was a little tricky.
  5. OnlyNismo

OnlyNismo New Member

for those who opened it your phone, was the vibrator easily accessible? it looks like it sits right under the battery? I need to replace mine since I think my vibrator died on me because it stopped vibrating.
  6. Boycan

Boycan New Member

I think there is a punch line coming! :)
  7. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

my thoughts exactly

-Sent from my Q9c
  8. hellachopper

hellachopper New Member

Haha yeah me to, whos going to be the person to say it haha? Im just wondering i got a Q9m and i think its about 6-8 months old, im not seeing any dust under the screen, would you recoment me taking it apart though just to get any dust out?
  9. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

I'd say no, this is probably more for people who can hardly see the screens due to dust.
    I have had mine for almost a year, and only have a small trace at the bottom left corner, but I have no plans of cleaning it now. Just not worth it.
  10. hellachopper

hellachopper New Member

alright sounds good, so you dont think it would affect any performance of the phone than? also maybe overheating problems due to dust or no?
  11. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

Probably not. I've heard of some serious dust stories here, but I recall none of the posters had performance issues because of it.
  12. magicman08

magicman08 New Member

I had this little damn white speck that appeared behind my screen like 1/2 inch down and 3/4 inch in. I thought it was part of my screen protector that got damaged, but no. So I was annoyed by it, forgot about it and like 5 days later it's done. But it was def. under the screen.....damn motorola :tounge:
  13. billecorgan

billecorgan New Member

Anyone figure out a solution to keeping the dust out? I love this phone, but really hate this dust issue.. i have cleaned mine many times.
  14. Geekster

Geekster New Member

From what I have read the only way to fix it yourself is to buy a new screen which has a new/better seal. You have to tear your phone apart but many, many ppl have done that with success. You can get one at: try cnn.cn
  15. sherri

sherri Active Member

I've said it before: I'd sooner perform an appendectomy on myself than open my phone!

But whatever floats your boat!
  16. magicman08

magicman08 New Member

heh, I will take it to the sprint store and have em put it on. i fricken pay for their services, they best do that for me or i will whine like a little school girl :2cool:
  17. HondaHater

HondaHater New Member

I just did this fix to replace my front face because it was beat to hell. Here's what my screen is doing right now

[​IMG]

I've had it apart about 10 times since and it just keeps getting worse the more i mess with it. Looks like a phone call to insurance for me :(

Unless anyone has a fix..........
  18. rkcoll1

rkcoll1 Member

Very nice write up OP, I do have dust and will be using this thread later to take my Q9c apart later. Thanks!
  19. randallflagg

randallflagg New Member

I just realized that I did have a t6 in my toolbag. took apart my phone step by step just like you should. I did take off the card slot in my case. I found it was easier to line up the plugs when it came to the disassemble and reassembly steps. my phone is now dust free and removed the extra lint from around the wheel.

very nice write up
  20. rfarrah

rfarrah New Member

I'm with YOU Sherri - no way am I taking this thing apart.