GoogleMapp VS. WindowsLive

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by earthshaker78, Jul 4, 2008.

1. earthshaker78

earthshaker78 New Member

GoogleMapp VS. WindowsLive

Hi,

which one of those 2 apps do u find more useful for use with GPS for like driving directions?

thanks
  2. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

last week I would have saig Google... now that I installed Windows Live, I'll say Windows Live.. mainly because it has so much more..

that said.. it's like with all software, very personal.

potQ9c
  3. papped

papped New Member

Live.

Movies/theater listings, speech recognition, maps look better, zoom function is easier to use.
  4. sherri

sherri Active Member

I agree w/ Rudeboy (as usual) and papped. Like Live better than Google Maps...
  5. Que

Que New Member

I think Live is a bit faster to draw the maps for me. It also beeps when you reach a point where you are supposed to turn (Google Maps does not), and it can also display lat and lon.
  6. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

prefer windows live search over here :)

-Sent from my Q9c
  7. miro

miro New Member

Live definitely has a superior feature set right now. The GPS and point to point driving directions are much more like traditional GPS unit than Google. Some people have found Live to be buggier (myself included), but the latest version has been very stable for me.
    The good news for us is that I'm certain that Google is working hard to catch up :)

Voice search combined with GPS is also an excellent feature, by the way. The Instinct features that on their site, we've had it for months already with Live.
  8. dapperyout

dapperyout New Member

Google Maps.

Live has more features, but Google's map more accurate. I've been led astray by Live on more than one occasion, and GMM had to step in to get me back on track.

Live's map is better from the point of view that it keeps your position centered on the screen, instead of having to chase your location with the arrow keys.. That does suck on GMM.
  9. Travisimo

Travisimo New Member

I don't think there's any question that Live has more features and is the better overall package. If you like the satellite view, however, Google has the advantage since 1) the map loads faster and 2) there's more detail when you zoom in. However, Live's "reroute" function and turn by turn beeps are awesome and something Google lacks. The fact that we can download and use either of these programs for free is a great service!
  10. BrianFX

BrianFX New Member

Live hands down. The voice recognition is amazing. The turn-by-turn is much more like a standalone GPS unit.

I'm not sure why GoogleMap doesn't do live tracking turn-by-turn. They have the directions, they let you track the GPS live, so just combine the two! Seems like it wouldn't be complicated to add it.
  11. FordGTGuy

FordGTGuy New Member

I use both but Live Search is the clear winner.
  12. larsdennert

larsdennert Active Member

I wonder if voice command will integrate with live. Everybody send feedback to MS (There's an option in live) and tell them to have the directions spoken out loud instead of a beep. That would be cool.
  13. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

are you on sprint? the sprint navagation ap is better then my garmin in my car.
  14. larsdennert

larsdennert Active Member

Is the sprint app free? vzw charges for their's. wls and gm aren't exactly free either 'cause you have to buy a gps unless you got the Q8.
  15. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

It is free on my phone. of coarse you need a data plan.
  16. magicman08

magicman08 New Member

I also digg windows live, i use it as my main source of information for muh movie times yo! :2cool: (yay jus made evangelist with this post)
  17. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

congratz... found out this weekend that the gas-prices in Live are not really accurate.
  18. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

Lets take a guess, They were higher?
  19. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

at the pump they were higher yes...
  20. magicman08

magicman08 New Member

thats right the gas prices was kind of a neat feature as well, til now that u said that, i should call em first maybe before i go